• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UPDATE on my Rabbit experiences so far

lazeebones

Young Bun
Care for my girls began July 13 with Furbee, about 15 days later came Pia and with in the next 15 days came BB and the babies, Thelma and Louise.

It does take time for rabbits to make a connection with a human and probably would go faster if there weren’t so many in my case but I have seen much improvement in the last week. It is such a rewarding feeling to have them come to you and turn their heads when calling their names. So far Pia responds the most often to her name, she is the oldest and the cleanest, never going anywhere but her potty pan.

Pia wants petting and fondling but doesn’t care to be picked up even though she tolerates it in short doses.

Thelma seems to have the most affection for me, allowing me to pick her up with no resistance and will stay quite as long as I am cooing and petting her.

Louise is still the shyest and mistrusting even though she seems to enjoy being petted.

BB is still the one who will lay on my chest in the recliner the longest, once I have caught her.

Furbee, still the wild child, most confident and likes to run and play and oh yeah, dig holes. She will let her displeasure be known if she chooses not to be held.

Back