• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want a new bun :}

RabbitSammy

Warren Scout
My little girl - Snowy - is all alone now Fudge (God bless her) passed away last week. I am seriously considering getting a new Bun. Although mother won't let me. How do I persuade her? I love Snowy with all my heart but my motherly instincts are telling me to rehome another.
HELP!?

Thank You!

Photo0543.jpg

If your bun is lonely then I think you are right. Is your bun an outside bun? If so she will need a friend to snuggle up to in the winter when its cold

hugs! i recently lost my boy and Pebble is lonely :(

I just said to mum that shes lonely and unhappy, and when i took Pebbs to the vet for her jab, my vet said to mum she needs a new buddy ;)

xxx

Please don't get another rabbit at the moment. You didn't manage to get vet treatment for your other rabbit because your mother wouldn't take her, and also, your accommodation is too small for one rabbit, let alone two.

In your situation, I would focus on the remaining rabbit. Try working out a way of improving her space, and spend more time with her :)

Please don't get another rabbit at the moment. You didn't manage to get vet treatment for your other rabbit because your mother wouldn't take her, and also, your accommodation is too small for one rabbit, let alone two.

In your situation, I would focus on the remaining rabbit. Try working out a way of improving her space, and spend more time with her :)

I`m sorry but I agree with this. That thread about your other rabbit suffering because you couldn`t get it to the vet made me upset. I have two rabbits and its amazing how much more hard work it is with one extra and extra money for food, hay, treats and vet treatment etc.

I think you should save up some money to put aside for vet treatment/vaccinations etc and then explain to your mum that you have put aside some money for this if you need to go to a vet,make sure you have some money for a taxi if needed and maybe you could ask for money for birthday and christmas towards a second hand childs playhouse from ebay or a large hutch and then you know you have got everything you need and then your mum may be happy for you to get another bun.I am really sorry that Snowy passed away:( Anyway that is what I did when I was living at home and had a rabbit and 3 adorable hamsters :D

In an ideal world its always best to have a friend for your bunny, I recently got my bunny a friend but I waited until I had the space & money to accomodate two. I would agree that maybe its best to give your one bunny lots and lots of attention, rather than get another.. It takes a lot of work and commitment for two bunnies and you really have to be prepared to be able to provide everything they need, otherwise its not fair on either bunny x

i agree with the others it would be best to improve your accomodation first and think about a friend in future
i have 3 buns 2 together 1 single
i know its a horrible feeling to have 1 on its own but its better than having 2 squished together in accomodation that isnt big enough
just save up and have the bun out as much as u can it is the best way :)

I missed your previous thread, although I did see your Rainbow Bridge post. :(

Can you spend more time with Snowy in the meantime, until you can work out the funds to get a friend for her?

aww your rabbit looks very like a rabbit handed in to our vets, as lost and needs a new home, he is called peter
i was asked if i wanted him, but with mabel being poorly i really couldn;t add a new rabbit to our home right now

:wave: My boy Hector is a single indoor bun and I have considered getting him a friend but after weighing it all up we have such a fantastic bond together I've decided to stick with just him. We spend all our time together when I'm not at work he follows me everywhere gives loads of cuddles and licks and I love this, I would be upset if he bonded with another bunny and not me:( May be a good idea to spend even more time with snowy and then you two can become even better best friends and you can spoil her with all your love instead of sharing x

Snowy is a lovely rabbit. :love: I hope she can be happy as a single bun with you. My Spenser is on his own, but he's never known different. Maybe things will change and you will be able to get a friend for Snowy in the future.

Back