• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Elena - cable holder from ikea

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
i dont suppose you know the name of the item you have under your desk to hold the cables up high do you?

Hi :wave: Sorry to but in.... but thought you might find these useful http://www.partex.co.uk/bases.html

These cable tie mounts & are brilliant. Stick them to the underside of your desk & use cable ties around your cables/wires & simply thread through the mount. Our cabling company uses them all the time & they don't fall off either!

Hi :wave: Sorry to but in.... but thought you might find these useful http://www.partex.co.uk/bases.html

These cable tie mounts & are brilliant. Stick them to the underside of your desk & use cable ties around your cables/wires & simply thread through the mount. Our cabling company uses them all the time & they don't fall off either!

I'll see what their prices are like, as they dont seem to have an online store :( Which is a shame as that would have been PERFECT as i could just thread them through higher than little bunny teefs could get to!

I'll see what their prices are like, as they dont seem to have an online store :( Which is a shame as that would have been PERFECT as i could just thread them through higher than little bunny teefs could get to!

Sorry, Partex is a trade outlet ... was just to show you what I meant :oops:
Try Farnell ... RS Components.... Maplin...
maplin charge about £7 for a pack of 100 ... beware of cheap imitations though

Thank you :love:

Now how to i mount that to a glass desk.

*ponders*

:lol:

Do you have a glass desk? :shock: I was considering a glass desk when we redecorated but when I saw that sentence I thought, oh screw it, I'll have a normal one. :oops::lol: Saved me a bit of money, the glass top was about £40 and it had to have special legs, this one came to about £20 all in :oops::lol:

Do you have a glass desk? :shock: I was considering a glass desk when we redecorated but when I saw that sentence I thought, oh screw it, I'll have a normal one. :oops::lol: Saved me a bit of money, the glass top was about £40 and it had to have special legs, this one came to about £20 all in :oops::lol:

IMG-20111013-00069.jpg

It was £50, reduced from £140 @ PC World about 4-5 yrs ago. It's toughened glass, it just does NOT scratch.

I vaguely remember seeing another one which kinda clips on the side. I bet they don't do it now.

Back