• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

think might have myxi nodules

claire**

Warren Scout
my boy went to vets last tues and had myxi booster - early as he had it as a baby in june, but we wanted to be safe as is in the area. the last few days i noticed a tiny bump on his nose - didn't know if was related or just coincidence/ bone, its only small, apart from that hes fine so ive kept an eye. tonight noticed a lump at the base of his ear. its rised and red and the skins a bit dry and flaky on it. it is where one part of the jab went in.

now im so scared its nodules. he is great in himself, eating drinking, peeing, pooing, being his normal cheeky self. but i think vet trip tomorrow is in order. please let me boy be ok hes my world. any advice - any buns had a 'reaction' after the jab

I don't have much experience with nodular myxi but it sounds like that from what I've read on here. I don't think it's related to the vaccine just a coincidence, there is a lot of myxi around right now and if he was incubating it before the vaccination the vaccination may not have had chance to work on it.

hi elena, thanks. After googling it looked like it could be a reaction to the vaccine - the timing fits with what the drug info said. I have spoken to my vet today and she thinks it is a reaction - as does his breeder, as he has got a second lump at the base of the other ear, also where he was injected.

Thanks so much for ur concern, hes great in himself so I think we have been lucky and it wasnt nodular, but a reaction. the vet has reported it to the drug company. she said its unusual in rabbits but not in cats or dogs.

Back