• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried sick (heart murmur found, home )

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
came home and mable felt very very thin, mum and dad said she ate well, like a horse, but as soon as i picked her up i said
she feels like rosies weight, weighed her and she is 0.8kg was 1.05kg before i went away and she had dental, checked for any dental sign problems
she seems fine, but very thin :cry: mum dad said she eats like a horse they don;t understand it, and she can poo for england soo no problems there

looks like trip to vets tomorrow and ive only just walked through the door

she just tried jumping on bed twice and was unsuccesful had piick her up to be with me

Last edited:
i'm sorry you're having this worry ml1. i saw the nethies on another thread and they reminded me of you... that sounds as if i think you're a rabbit....

lots of love and eat-well-and-get-better vibes for your pretty mabel. xx

I hope Mabel is OK. Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed that all goes well at the vets. xxx

Sending loads of vibes for her. Worms or EC would certainly explain the eating lots/weight loss combo...:?

thanks i might ask vet if i should panacur her to be safe, she hasn;t had any less food then usual, she always eats tonnes of hay, there
are no signs of dental problems, and poo's for england :oops:

How old is Mabel? I have to give Parsnip (who's 8.5) 2 teaspoons of porrige oats per day just to maintain his weight now. Other than that, he eats for England but just really need high calorie food as he ages. Hope she's OK - try not to worry.

I hope you find out why beautiful Mabel is so thin. I though Pie was think being only 1.3 :shock:

How old is Mabel? I have to give Parsnip (who's 8.5) 2 teaspoons of porrige oats per day just to maintain his weight now. Other than that, he eats for England but just really need high calorie food as he ages. Hope she's OK - try not to worry.

she is 11 and half months old, she has always had weight problems, usually teh result of her dental issues but she had dental before i went away and
had check up day before i went and was given all clear, and no signs of any dental issues when i checked her last night

she was 1.05kg at last vet weight check, she is a mini lop but smallest ive had, ive given her some burgess junior to try and help her get some weight on
she has SS every morning, but her main diet is hay, i left the correct amount of pellets out for each day i was away for mum/dad, so i know she had
the amount she usually has

they where looking after nans dog but she didn't go near mabel, she was downstairs and mabel in my room

What veg does she have? Herbs may help and small amounts of carrot - grated if teeth may be a problem?

Back