• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning out litter trays and shed - Am I obsessive?

I clean the buns' shed and litter trays out twice a day. Once in morning when I open up the shed for them to come out and once at night when I am locking them in. I also sweep and tidy up generally twice.

OH says I am obsessive and that I shouldn't need to do it that often. But I like to see a tidy shed and don't want them to smell. But is twice a day a bit excessive do you all think?

Maybe I have bunny shed OCD.

Would be interested to hear what others do.

X

I think that's ok. Twinkie is indoors but his litter tray gets changed at least once everyday. His indoor base I sweep out several times a day, so it's always pretty clean. Don't think he minds:)

I like it to look nice and tidy too :wave: I give it a sweep every morning when I feed them and give them fresh hay, and again after work. I clean out the litter tray once a day after work while they're having their tea :) whatever works for you! :)

I have four sheds and two hutches, and do mine every other day.

I think you're making too much work for yourself!!:lol::lol:

Keeps mice and other critters away.
I clean my hutches out every other day for half the cage then every week for all the cage but I sweep every other day.(Theyre in the Mansion).I do let them free range in the Mansion with the top door open.
My mate does her ferrets every day twice a day but shes retired.
Perhaps youre over doing it a tad but Im not complaining.I admire your husbandry really.

Well I do my litter trays and a shed sweep every day and then mine are out in run all day anyway, so it's only the nights toileting! So nearly as obsessive as you! I would rather do it less as I have no time whhatsoever at the moment but it really can't be left or it would be horrid for the buns.
The thing I find worse is the amount of poo they produce outside in the run!!! The run I've got at the moment is really awkward to get inside so I can't clean the poo until I move it, which has to be at weekends when I have help!! I hate the pile of poo I then have to sweep up!! But at least they're neat and do it in one corner!!!!

Aww thanks for your replies all!

Glad to see there are others that clean out every day too, I don't feel quite as obsessive now!

I am sure I don't need to do it as often but I do like them to be clean bless them!

At least I can go back to my hubby and tell him I am not alone in my obsession!! XXX

Back