• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who to complain to?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
To complain about a petshop, do you have to email a certain part of the council? Or just send it anywhere?

The petshop in Boro town had a hutch which was less than 3ft long by the looks of it, advertise with "Free rabbit with this hutch" :evil:
Plus, they know so little and are giving out bad advice.

mmm...not sure....but I have called the RSPCA before about a case like this and they told me who to contact - often the council are responsible to giving out pet shop licences and they have to follow guidelines....call them up and ask what guidelines they are, can they give pets away for free with product deals..what message does this give to people etc....what about not advertising the correct advice and RSPCA guidelines etc...often the council will look into it.

To complain about a petshop, do you have to email a certain part of the council? Or just send it anywhere?

The petshop in Boro town had a hutch which was less than 3ft long by the looks of it, advertise with "Free rabbit with this hutch" :evil:
Plus, they know so little and are giving out bad advice.

which one is it ?
is it the one opposite wilko it had lots of hutches and bunnies inside :(

which one is it ?
is it the one opposite wilko it had lots of hutches and bunnies inside :(

Yeah, it's that one. It's awful.
Even my mam, who isn't as bunny obsessive, said that the hutch was awful.
They don't even know what they're on about either.

Yeah, it's that one. It's awful.
Even my mam, who isn't as bunny obsessive, said that the hutch was awful.
They don't even know what they're on about either.

i noticed especially with the rabbits they said they were nethies last time i was in there they wernt they were lops stupid people :evil:
my mum thinks im daft with the buns but anway shes comming around slowly :lol:

We contacted the SSPCA (RSPCA equiv in Scotland) when we were concerned about a pet shop and they sent an inspector round to check up.

Pet Shop Licensing Department at your local council offices.

Unfortunately, they probably arent breaking any rules by selling that hutch.

Back