• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DIY help needed for shed access

wombley_99

Young Bun
We're getting our shed ready for our rabbits for the winter and I am looking for help / suggestions with regards access (for humans). We need to be able to get in and out of the shed with ease without the rabbits escaping out the door so I was wondering how other people have got around this - The obvious answer is to fence off the part of the shed that the rabbits are in and put a door in the partition but that's quite a bit of DIY so I'm hoping there's some simple solutions out there or pictures of what people have done to help. The door into the shed is on the front and the rabbits will be going in and out to their run through a hole in the side wall. Thank you!

i use a panel from my trixie run placed across and i slide it across to get in and slide it back when i am in, others have used child safety gates but be careful with those that the bunnies dont get their heads stuck you could always mesh over one put a panel from a metal run i sufficient for us xx:wave:

i have a kick board to prevent them running straight out and an interior door too... heres a pic
042-1.jpg

then the shed door closes as well :)

minds simirlar to xxranxx :D:D
but minds the main shed door then open up another door too
complicated :oops:
dscf5003-28612766.jpg

Last edited:
Yes some kind of panel blocking off the door about 2ft high that you can easily step over but buns can not.

I have a double door system also. I like the idea of the kick board. Mine always try and get passed me (and often succeed!) into the garden :D

P1030228.jpg

I have a stable door and I usually give them a treat when I open the top part, then go in.

It works well as it also means the rabbits are eager to come in from the run, which means shutting them in the shed at night is always easy since they wriggle their bums into the shed pretty sharpish if they think there is food involved :mrgreen:

Some good ideas there, thank you everyone. I'm going to show these to my other half and see if he can do something similar :)

I used to use a kick board type thing, but I don't anymore as my rabbits run away from me when I open the door so no need for it!

Back