• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

calling bonding experts!!

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
I am bonding Doris ( recently bereaved french lop/ british giant cross) with Jack ( english spot).

Jack lost Indigo a few months ago and I tried him in a trio but he got bullied so I split him again.

I've had the 2 them together since yesterday afternoon and apart from a little bit of chasing in the first few minutes I've seen no interaction between them at all :?

Would you see that as ok?
They've eaten together, both are pooing , grooming themselves etc , they just seem to be ignoring each other.

They are in a 3ft dog crate.

i think ignoring is generally a good sign -just keep doing what your doing as at some point they will likely test the hierarchy between them. all the best:wave:

i think ignoring is generally a good sign -just keep doing what your doing as at some point they will likely test the hierarchy between them. all the best:wave:

I guess so, its not like I've not bonded bunnies before just never had a pair ignore each other like this!! :lol:

I've got a pair like this at the moment that I recently bonded.

They eat together but other than that totally ignore each other.

Been together now 2.5 weeks and due to go home on Saturday. :?

Billie-Joe and Damson/Gert were like this for weeks then it progressed to her bullying him and not letting him get any food. In the end I had to give as he was clearly unhappy.

Back