• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost bunny handed to me tonight.....He is now back home :-) 14/10 PICS ADDED! & Video

chelle

Warren Veteran
Lost bunny handed to me tonight.....He is now back home :) 14/10 PICS ADDED! & Video

Hi all! :wave:

Ive not been on alot for a while...really busy with work...

but tonight my doorbell ring and a young couple asked if I had lost my rabbit as they had found one...it was tucked into the guys front pocket across his jumper....a netherland dwarf! Such pretty markings and so tiny - well - compared to my lots. They found him under a bush in the common behind my house.

I think he is a boy...and is obviously domesticated and adores a fuss. He is now set up in my lounge with hay, water and some herbs....he hasnt done any poops yet since about7/8pm...so have been abit worried..he was quite thirsty when he arrived and has drunk alot. I was worried as he didnt really eat any hay or pellets or herbs...but have just been scrambling about my garden trying to find any longish bits of grass....and he may have eaten 1 strand! Hope he does some poops now. He has been eating ceacs so thats good.

I feel aweful as his owner is probably very worried....but will ask about and ring vets etc tomorrow. And of course will ask people to describe him first.
He has beautiful markings..:love: and he is just so small! I dont think he is a baby - Im just used to my lops....

Lets hope this little man finds his way back home and that it s good one! :)

I think he has eaten like 1 or 2 pieces of grass..he is perky and interested....but am abit worried he hasnt pooped at all for hours now or eaten much....:?

Last edited:
I think dehydration might be key to the lack of poops, that and the stress of finding himself out in the big wide world, now he is safe I expect he will eat, probably over night when no one is around.

I think dehydration might be key to the lack of poops, that and the stress of finding himself out in the big wide world, now he is safe I expect he will eat, probably over night when no one is around.

thanks for replying...hopefully he will eat something when he is by himself....Im so tired but am worried to sleep...he is settled in his litter tray...with hay & water...so hopefully he will be ok.

he seems to make smacking noises with his lips now & then...Im presuming this is from eating his ceacs...but its abit odd - almost like he has it stuck in his throat....but then he just sits there...

I did check his bum when he arrived and it was fine.

Hopefully he will be fine :) thankyou ;)

Well done for helping him :) I hope he has a lovely owner somewhere missing him and they can be reunited soon. Sending lots of nomming vibes xx

:wave: How is your little lodger? We found one in our garden last year and it was nearly three days before he was claimed by a very lovely and grateful owner. I left an ad. in the local shop, vets and local rescue. She saw the one in the shop. I was so glad he was going back home again but really sad to lose him. He was:love::love:

Hi guys! :wave:

Thanks for asking! :p

My little "Lodger" is ok....he still has not done any poops which is a worry. :? He has very very runny ceacs....and is still drinking alot.

Ive just taken him to the vets and he is not micro-chipped....they dont know how old he is, I could already tell he was not neutered. He was so scared he was shaking:( He is now back in his indoor cage and Ive left him to it with some fresh grass. he has eaten almost nothing...maybe one strand of grass and one SS pellet.

I bought some recovery from the vets so will try to syringe feed him later - I just want him to calm down first.

Im ringing some other vets to let them know Ive got a lost bunny...and thanks Basirascal - I will pop down to the local pet food shop and put a notice up.

Im concerned that as he is not neutered, has gorgeous markings..that he may be bred from - so am reluctant to put pictures up - Id rather the owner described him to me first.

So....am very tempted to put pics up on here...but will leave it a few days in case..

Any advice will be grateful regarding runny ceacs and not pooping.

he loves to jump over and snuggle under the hay...and re-arrange it...but has yet to actually eat it.

He sounds lovely, eating and pooping vibes going to the little man. Hope you find his Mummy soon and shes a nice mummy:)
If no one came forward would you consider being his Mummy?

He sounds lovely, eating and pooping vibes going to the little man. Hope you find his Mummy soon and shes a nice mummy:)
If no one came forward would you consider being his Mummy?

thank you...Im abit worried and hoping he will poop today else Im off to my vets which are a good 40 mintue drive away,. if no one comes forward - I have no idea what to do with him....I didnt tak the neighbours rabbiut wehn they "got rid" of him and always though it I take another bunny I will try and find that one...he was gorgoues and Ive felt guilty ever since...but who knows...if no one claims him...then I will still have him... ...:?

He doesnt sound too well to me.Hope hes ok.:shock:
Dear little man.

mmm...i though that too...just not sure what else I can do.....odd as he is quite perky...he hops about and adores a face rub.....he doesnt sit hunched or anything...he comes over to say hi if i go to the cage....if he doesnt take the recovery then I will go to the vets again.... he just has such a runny bum its aweful....but heis eating most of it and is not too messy....but has not eaten any hay at all.:(

Could you maybe tempt him with dandelion leaves? Just thinking ge might be more used ti those if he's been outdoors for a while

of course...i will get some right now...funny cause I keep thinking I shouldnt give him some things as he has such a runny bum...but I guess any eating is better than none. ;)

Oh my goodness, poor wee felllow, although of course he is lucky to be in good hands in the meantime. I wonder if it might be worth softening a few pellets with a little hot water. Apologies if you've tried this already.

Vibes for him from this direction. xx

thanks hun...will try soften pellets too..he has eaten perhaps 1 SS pellet...but cant tell if he has sore teeth or anything...doesnt appear too...he probably eats Muesli and I dont have any.:?

just keep the posters brief, like bunny found - x area, please contact y on abc they don't need any more details over that really.

You could be right, he might be a museli bunny, fed entirely on that and hence no interest in pellets or hay :( bad sign :( maybe try an independednt pet shop they often split bags so you wouldn't have to buy a huge bag.

Thankyou...I will keep the posters brief as suggested -thanks for that.

I can buy a mueslie bag - its only a couple of quid usually but its long drive there that costs the money! haa haa ha!:roll:

Ive just checked on him and he has had a tiny bite out of a dandelion leaf...:roll: seriously so small its ridiculous! So I mixed up the recovery and it keeps getting stuck in the syringe...i managed to get some in him...he was quite good about it...but will not take it by himself.

I chopped the end of the syringe off but it keeps squishing the water out and then the paste gets stuck..any suggestions?:?

If I can get it to come out the syringe properly I think he will eat more.

He was very perky and wanted to hop about the couch but was also fine when I picked him up ..he kept digging at my top and the blanket and gentle nibbles...I think he is abit of a charachter...just want him to eat and poop:(

You don't have any porridge oats? I've heard of a small amount of them being given as an extra to buns struggling to keep their weight up. Again, apologies if I've missed an earlier post and this has been tried or suggested.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest porridge oats.
I never have any luck with recovery food so I usually soak pellets and purée them with a blender. You can do that with porridge oats cooked in water too.
The recovery food always build up pressure and then squirts out all over the bunny and stresses them out more. :roll:

You don't have any porridge oats? I've heard of a small amount of them being given as an extra to buns struggling to keep their weight up. Again, apologies if I've missed an earlier post and this has been tried or suggested.

any suggestions are great thankyou!
ive not tried any oats yet...would they be ok for a runny tum?

If I can just get this recovery to not get stuck he seemed ok with it ...

Im off to stick up posters which say:

11 october 2011
RABBIT FOUND....is your bunny missing?
Rabbit found in King George Playing Fields
Please contact Michelle on(put numbers)

hopefully thats enough and will get a response....:)

Back