• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guess what I'm doing on Friday? (FAO Sky-O)

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I'm helping to bond Little and his two prospective friends. :mrgreen:
I'm really excited. I'm going to miss my bunnies while I'm at my sister's but they'll be well looked after.
I must remember to take my camera. ;)

Well my sister adopted Little from Sky-O and I volunteered myself to help with bonding.
At the moment the plan is to start with a 2ftx2ft pen and go from there. I'll be staying overnight on Friday but I have to go back Saturday because I have work on Sunday. No one would swap shifts with me. :?
I'm really excited because I haven't met Little yet. My sister thinks that he's going to be quite dominant. She said she reckons Dexter will be scared of him and hide behind Simba. She thinks that Simba will demand cleaning from him and he won't oblige and there might be a bit of a scuffle between Simba and Little.
I hope it goes as smoothly as bonding Simba and Dexter. They went into the pen and ignored each other for two hours and then lay down together. :lol:
They've been teaching Little to use a water bottle but as he's not quite there yet I think we'll have to have a bottle on one side and a small water bowl on the other. I'm not a big fan of water bowls when bonding as a rabbit always ends up in it. :lol: Mind you, cleaning themselves after a dunk usually calms any scuffling. We might also use some of the lino (which my sister has still not sent to me) on the floor to make it a bit slippy.

Good luck :wave:

Mr Bennett didn't bond with his first 2 females before I got him. I know he is naughty but Cutie-pie puts up with this. Only today when I made the mistake of giving Cutie-pie the first fenugreek crunchie he was chasing her around the room until she dropped it. :lol: He does this all the time. He is food greedy. But she loves and follows him around. :love:

Good luck :wave:

Mr Bennett didn't bond with his first 2 females before I got him. I know he is naughty but Cutie-pie puts up with this. Only today when I made the mistake of giving Cutie-pie the first fenugreek crunchie he was chasing her around the room until she dropped it. :lol: He does this all the time. He is food greedy. But she loves and follows him around. :love:

I'm so glad it worked out with your two. :)
Sounds like they're both very happy.

He was exceptionally submissive when he lived with Butterfly, just followed him everywhere due to his eye sight being his primary sense (which is the only thing likely to cause problems). He used to let Butters hump him mercilously and didn't fight back, just ran away.

Having a water bottle nearly killed him at the Centre because he couldn't use it so was exceptionally dehydrated, so it's good to have a bowl there for him. For a trio you may need a bit bigger space, so be ready for that. :)

I hope it all goes well.

He was exceptionally submissive when he lived with Butterfly, just followed him everywhere due to his eye sight being his primary sense (which is the only thing likely to cause problems). He used to let Butters hump him mercilously and didn't fight back, just ran away.

Having a water bottle nearly killed him at the Centre because he couldn't use it so was exceptionally dehydrated, so it's good to have a bowl there for him. For a trio you may need a bit bigger space, so be ready for that. :)

I hope it all goes well.

I think we're going to set everything up when I get there, but thinking about it you might be right and a bigger space might be better. I'm all excited, for some reason I love bonding bunnies. :)

Back