• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit houses

lynda

New Kit
Hi, i have two male rabbits that at the moment are in hutches (they live separately) but we are looking to make two garden sheds into houses for them. The sheds we have seen are 4ft by 3ft we would be adding different levels inside the shed and would also be adding outside runs. What i was wondering is would the size of the shed be suitable?

With a run attached and with the additional levels, yes it would be big enough. Are you thinking of bonding them? I have had male buns living together and it works well although I have to be fair, they were bonded very early and have grown up together.

Failing that, would you get them a wifey bun each? They would be so much happier with another bun to live with.

I think its great that you are building them new homes though, cant wait to see the pics

That would give you 12 sq ft so the same as a 6 ft hutch which is fine with an attached run. Saying that personally I'd go bigger as if you're going to the effort of putting up a shed I'd take the view of I might as well make it a big one. :oops: also are you planning on spending time with them in the shed in winter? It might be nicer for you to have a bigger one so you can wrap up and sit with them.

Back