• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re The Mention of the Possibility of a New Combined Myxo/VHD Vaccine

My vets mentioned that the Intervet rep had been in yesterday and was talking about this new vaccine.
They actually only found out about it because they where asking whether there could be an updated Myxi vac due to how many vaccinated rabbits where getting it this year.
Rep's answer people who's rabbits are catching myxi should notify the drug company so that they become aware there is a problem.

I really don't see how giving both vaccines together and only once a year is going to help anyone. But then I haven't read the info on it yet because it hasn't been released and wouldn't be until spring next year.

My vets mentioned that the Intervet rep had been in yesterday and was talking about this new vaccine.
They actually only found out about it because they where asking whether there could be an updated Myxi vac due to how many vaccinated rabbits where getting it this year.
Rep's answer people who's rabbits are catching myxi should notify the drug company so that they become aware there is a problem.

I really don't see how giving both vaccines together and only once a year is going to help anyone. But then I haven't read the info on it yet because it hasn't been released and wouldn't be until spring next year.

Thanks Tracy, I too have just been informed that the Nobivac Myxo Vaccine is being 'updated' and should be available some time next year. But they know nothing about a combo vaccine and the Myxi one would still be using the Shope Fibroma Virus :?

Thanks Tracy, I too have just been informed that the Nobivac Myxo Vaccine is being 'updated' and should be available some time next year. But they know nothing about a combo vaccine and the Myxi one would still be using the Shope Fibroma Virus :?

I was told it's not so much an update of the myxi vac but that it's just going to be a combined one with Vhd that will only be needed once a year. :roll: :? :roll:

If thats true I imagine its going to spark alot of controversy with lots of arguement for (less stressful vet trips etc) and lots against (impact on immune system etc).

Back