• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the thread about 11 rabbits needing a home in two days and looking for brain dam bun

meandmedog

Alpha Buck
having decided to come off the site for a while, i couldnt help but worry about these rabbits. a friend may be able to help with a bonded set and now i cant find the thread?? anybody any ideas.

also someone was looking for a brain damaged bun as a pair for their one, can anyone remember who it was

why doesn't your friend get in touch with a rescue like us if they are in Leicester? we have so many looking for homes and some of the ones on our incoming waiting lists are just as at risk as the 11..also why want a brain damaged bun..a very strange request?:?

my friend helps doing some rehoming of her own so it was me who asked her if she had room so she could help him out. he has two days, then what??

and it was someone else looking for a brain damaged bunny for their own one to try and pair it off. i was trying to help.

maybe i should just stop trying to help and go like i thought in the first place

Meandmedog, it did read at first that you were looking for these buns, until I re-read it a few times. I think its admirable your friend wants to help these buns out, but I do hope they have considered the implications, buns like this often have hidden problems as well as the usual neuter +vaccs expense too.

I'm sorry you feel like you need a break from the forum and some comments can make this worse, no matter how well meaning they are.

Could your friend not foster for honeybunnys? that way honeybunnies waiting list would go down and your friend would be helping a bun off the waiting list get out of a bad situation

ETA wasn't it Romily who was looking for a bun to pair with her current bun. She got Milly (Monkey) from bunnybuddies at the weekend :d

ah if your friend rehomes then that is different..although the same applies..we have an average of 6 calls a day to hand in rabbits..so if she wants to help unwanted pets ask her to get in touch
Don't be upset by my comment..I was more annoyed that someone who had purposely bred several litters..now wants to off load them onto people on here at very short notice while rescues rehoming is so slow

Who is your friend and which area is she..may be able to help each other out

Back