• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

licking....

aalur

Warren Scout
I just want some reassurance really.... my OH says i am a loon. I want to prove him wrong.

I groom my buns.. as in, i lick them on the head. I do it mostly with Hare as she is still a baby and very nervy, and Roo and Oscar have each other to lick.
I have found Hare is calmer and very relaxed with me and we have bonded nicely and she also licks me back. :love:

I assume lots of you also do this?

I dont lick mine on purpose but it has happened before :lol: Instead I rub my nose or chin on them or I rub my finger on thier nose :)

if you lick 'against the grain' its ok ;)

actually, thats why i stopped licking Oscar, he's too fluffy :oops:
Hare has lovely short silky hair :D

hmmm I dont lick mine I just give them little kisses which they love. I like trying to get them to groom me by sticking my head under their chins but it never works :( :lol:

Helen xx

Your not alone!
i have groomed poppet from 4 weeks old, If shes asks for a groom i will groom her its a special trust we share.
wheras im trying this with fearne who erm isnt impressed:lol:

You lick your buns?! :shock: Yes, I'm sorry...I agree with your OH...you're a complete loon! :lol::lol::lol:

You lick your buns?! :shock: Yes, I'm sorry...I agree with your OH...you're a complete loon! :lol::lol::lol:

well, maybe i wont show him this thread after all.... :lol::lol:

I bet lots of people do it, they are just too embarrassed to admit it though!:lol:

I'll give Barney kisses and nuzzle him, but I dont lick him. It's the germs I'd worry about, the human mouth is disgusting. Plus I'd get hair in my mouth, its bad enough getting it o my nose!
I'm lucky if Annabelle will accept a nose rub, so no licking going on there either.

I gave it a go once... too much hair in my mouth.
Anyway, my rabbits didn't like it at all, they just shook me off and started cleaning their heads as if they were offended. :lol:

Hmm, I'm not sure that many people actually lick their bunnies - if they did they wouldn't be too ashamed to admit it on here :lol::lol::lol:

I do rub my lips against their heads in the manner of grooming though, but neither of them has ever groomed me back. Yet.

:D

:shock: They eat their own poo then lick themselves, then you lick them? er yes you are a loon :lol: ...do you suffer from furballs?!

I kiss my buns.....and have been snogged by Marnie but other than that there is no intentional Tongue action :lol:

Back