• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with bunnies that had ops yesterday - can we compare notes?

Ok I know I have three so can compare between them but thought (well for me first timer anyway) it would be nice to see how the others are doing.

They all came out of their ops ok and seemed really pleased to see us last night and were a lot more alert than we imagined.

This morning -

Belle - looks like she never had anything done, is bouncing around itching to get out, has eaten a little hay and some cabbage and drunk a little. She wee'd on the way home but so far has done no poos!
Daisy - is a little active but quiet - she always is though - has eaten a little cabbage and drunk a little. No poos though!
Lola - bit worried bout her, she's just sitting, backs off if you go anywhere near her ie when changing the water etc, has only eaten the cabbage, drunk a little but no poos!

None have eaten any of their pellets though!

Bit worried about the poo thing, going to check again and if not will phone vet for advise.

So how are the others?:love:

Last edited:
Good idea =D

Hi just seen this! My Dillon was in for the spay but then obviously had a castration (gender confusion lol)

He came home later than we hoped as it was a bit more complicated than they expected. When we got him in about 8pm he ate a piece of coriander and mint straight away then was sat hunched grooming for ages as he had critical care in his fur that had dried and had slightly matted in his fur! (Bit annoyed the vets didn't notice this as we got worried about what it was).

THen he ate a few dandy lion leaves and some grass and also some hay later on and through the night he's eaten lots of hay and herbs. He hadn't pooped or weed until about 10pm, but then my boyfriend encouraged him out of his box and he seemed to come to life and he pooped all over. He's pooing a lot and eating really well (only started eating his pelletts late this morning) but not drinking much at all, had some really really diluted apple juice and he's had a bowl of water that his herbs were in.

He's also gotten the one staple out of his stomach wound but there are internal stitches in him too and his wound doesn't look too bad, looks sore and fresh and not pleasant but not concerned at the moment going to have another look tonight and might pop to vets tomorrow depending.

Not had the best nights sleep over it all to be honest and it has been a worry but I might be worrying too much since he's my first bun.

I would ring your vets though, we rang today about the critical care in his fur because we thought it might have been glue or something toxic on him, put our mind at ease. Just got to keep an eye on his stitches now!

Wishing your buns well

Wow sounds like he's doing really well ,thats great.

Well we have a mixture -

Belle - still fine you really wouldn't think she's had anything done!
But poor Lola and Daisy ended up back at the vets yesterday - Lola seemed to be in pain, she'd hardly moved and wasn't that interested in food but she was drinking - only from a bowl though and Daisy hadn't pooped at all in 24 hours but seemed happy enough!

Vet gave us some meds - sorry don't know their names but was for pain relief and gut stimulant and if no change overnight she wants them in this morning.

Daisy has pooped for England :lol: and I'm waiting to hear from hubby re Lola as I leave for work quite early. Giving them their meds this morning was an interesting start to the day to say the least.

Hope Dillon continues to be well. :love:

Aww glad the vets gave you the meds though. Dillons been on zantac and metacam since the op, he's on them both until next Monday, just wish he would drink more. His water bottle seems to have gone down but his bowl hasn't been touched. He drank some more really really weak apple juice last night, he used to drink for England so thats the only reason I'm worried but he is drinking just not a lot. I'm trying to keep an eye on his wound, he's managed to get out of his little recovery pen and is now in his usual kitchen/living room area. Currently sat under the coffee table, he seems much happier though not being locked up. Might put his litter tray back later today, he's only pooping and weeing on the newspaper I have down so he's still quite good with his litter training.

Hope your two who are worrying you, start to improve. You don't realise how much you have to keep an eye on them, I've tried to get tonight off work so I can stay home with him but no such luck covering my shift as of yet :(

Hi with regards to the drinking when I queried this at our vets she said not to worry too much at first as they had injected fluids under their skin to keep them hydrated, I'm obviously no expert though and not sure at what point we worry when they're still not drinking much. Lola's definitely drinking more now since I offered her a bowl of water.

I'm pleased to say since I've been home this morning they're looking a lot better and although still not eating their pellets are enjoying their hay now and veg / grass.

Glad your lot are doing well. Dillon is usually mad for pelletts so was suprised he took as long as he did, he was more interested in herbs and hay. I'd read another thread on here that they are more interested in the fresh stuff than the pelletts and things after the op so maybe it's just normal. He's started drinking from his water bottle again so I'm happy now lol he has a bowl as well, but he never uses it, and his ears always get in it! I've gave him back his litter tray as he's jumping onto the coffeee table shelf now even though I'd blocked it off so fingers crossed we get the all clear at his check up then we can wait for healing then look for a little wifey bun for him :love:

Back