• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Millys not eating/ Advice please?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Won't eat treats or pellets.
She's taken some watery recovery food. If she won't take anything in 10 mins, then vets.
If I can get her eating slowly, up all night watching her and probably vets in the morning anywya

Last edited:
She will take chocolate drops now. She's had 2. She won't take pellets.
She's sitting a bit more relaxed.

I don't know whether to give her a bit longer? Or go to the vets now?

If that was Smudge I would give it a bit longer but purely because he hates travelling and I would worry the stress would mean we would be taking steps backwards. But i would keep a good eye on him and shoot to the vets if he started getting worse again.

But that's Smudge, you know Milly better than I.

I've got to go to bed now, i hope she carries on improving. :)

Been to vets. Had usual jabs.
She tried to climb into my top so the vet got a good look at my bra... Nice.
Oh and they've raised the consult from £90 to £150 :roll:

Waiting game now... She's to get recovery food so will give her 20 mins to settle and then see if I can get her to take anything

Eating a bit already and moving about more :shock:
She's still "off", you can clearly see she was not well... But nice and quick at being willing to have a little pick at her pellets!

Eating a bit already and moving about more :shock:
She's still "off", you can clearly see she was not well... But nice and quick at being willing to have a little pick at her pellets!

Glad to hear she's feeling a bit better. :thumb:

Did the vet investigate any reasoning for why this happened, eg, what was the reason for the GI slowdown etc?

Glad to hear she's eating a little, but i think it'd be worthwhile finding out why it happened perhaps :)

Vibes for Milly.

steph sorry she isn't well but glad she seems to have picked up a bit
has she been chewing anything that might have caused a small blockage?
Also try tempting her with things other than shop treats..so fresh herbs and grass rather than chocolate drops as even the ones made for rabbits are not good for them..can cause more harm so best avoided.
Hope she is soon back to her cheeky self x

Back