• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oooooh the strange things OH has asked about bunnies. After nearly 13 years. Ooooooh

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
:shock: A few nights ago OH said can bunnies like Cutie-pie be mated with bunnies like Mr Bennett. He means pointy earred bunnies with lops. (I mean can they actually mate, asked if they were different species).:shock:

Yesterday there was a fly in the flat, he said isn't it really dangerous to have a fly in the house with bunnies. I said there are always flies in most peoples homes in summer, so long as everything is clean and the bunnies checked. He still killed the fly.

Last edited:
Theyre such strange creatures sometimes (men not bunnies) :lol:

I have to admit I do have a strict no fly policy in my house though, ever since I squished one and loads of maggots burst out of it, and then squished another and eggs burst out of it :shock: Just gross!

Theyre such strange creatures sometimes (men not bunnies) :lol:

I have to admit I do have a strict no fly policy in my house though, ever since I squished one and loads of maggots burst out of it, and then squished another and eggs burst out of it :shock: Just gross!

Eeeeewwwwwwwwww that is really gross. I didn't know they had maggots in them. :mrgreen:

We have been lucky and had hardly any flies this year. In our old place there were always tons of them. Used to drive me nuts. I would be waving the vaccum cleaner in the air trying to suck them up. :lol:

This cracked me up so much I was laughing like a loon at the computer. OH (who has a phD!) came over to see what was amusing me, and responded:
"well of course they can mate...they're the same species! er - can't they?".

:lol:
Thats funny.
Sometimes I take Jenson with me to visit my parents. One time my Dad sat there and said he had never seen her ears stick up?
I had to explain that Jenson is a lop, his ears don't stick up!!! And that he's a male rabbit. Quite funny really fancy not realising some rabbits are lop eared. I wonder what he would say if I had a helicopter eared bunny.

I have a no 'fly' policy too. Well, it's a no bug policy where possible. I'd rather keep the windows closed. Even the other day with all that nice weather. Jenson's myxi jab was booked and I just couldn't bring myself to risk anything flying in if I could possibly help it.

Last edited:
This cracked me up so much I was laughing like a loon at the computer. OH (who has a phD!) came over to see what was amusing me, and responded:
"well of course they can mate...they're the same species! er - can't they?".

OH has a Masters. Too much time with their nose in a book I think. :lol::lol:

:lol:
Thats funny.
Sometimes I take Jenson with me to visit my parents. One time my Dad sat there and said he had never seen her ears stick up?
I had to explain that Jenson is a lop, his ears don't stick up!!! And that he's a male rabbit. Quite funny really fancy not realising some rabbits are lop eared. I wonder what he would say if I had a helicopter eared bunny.

I have a no 'fly' policy too. Well, it's a no bug policy where possible. I'd rather keep the windows closed. Even the other day with all that nice weather. Jenson's myxi jab was booked and I just couldn't bring myself to risk anything flying in if I could possibly help it.

:lol::lol: That is what OH asked, well what would the babies look like. I said a mix of pointy ears or lops, or sometimes one ear up one ear down. Think that confused him. ;):lol:

Didn't he ask something funny when you were both here?

I can't remember what it was now but I think it made us smile?

Didn't he ask something funny when you were both here?

I can't remember what it was now but I think it made us smile?

Was it something about would he be safe enough to have Apple on his lap or cuddle baby bunnies ?

Forget about the one about fur on his shirt, he is used to that.:lol:

:lol::lol:, Men!! My OH is very funny. He goes on and on that the buns are nothing tomdo with him and he just puts up with them. Then the morning after Trekkie spent his first night in the new hutch he went out to check he was ok and hadn't escaped. I have also heard him talking too them more than once!!!

Amanda confuse him more with this.....

Ruby and Jay are uppy eared.... yet their children.............

bunnies008RAF.jpg

bunnies007RAF.jpg

that ought to confuse him!

Back