• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bee stung bunny

Ellasyn

Mama Doe
I was out saying hi to Buzzby a few minutes ago and a bee stung him. It appeared from in his ear and then he went mad. Ive got him and scraped out the sting (it was very close to the base inside the ear) He isnt showing any major signs of problems other than scratching that ear (clearly its painful). I cant see any swelling or lethargy or major signs of problems. He's now sat in the kitchen as Im paranoid he will get got again if he goes back out. Is a bee sting a big problem and should I be rushing him into the vet or is it a monitor and see thing? I didnt think a bee would bother with him. How do I keep the horrible things away from him?

Just my opinion, but I would pop him to your vet. Hope all is ok though and Buzzby is alright. Bees/wasps can be a problem at this time of year and I am paranoid about one stinging Twinkie. Not so much you can do though but be as vigilant as possible. Good job you were there and saw what had happened.

i'd pop him to the vet for a checkup. They may want to put him on a short course of metacam to help with any inflamation and pain :wave: Possibly an abx too?

A painkiller would probably be a good idea, but I doubt he'll have any actual problems from it. Wild bunnies must get stung a lot?

Poor little bunny.
Wonder if the buzzy bumble got a bit miffed with him being called 'Buzzby'.
He is very lucky as my friends bunny got stung by a nasty wasp and went into anaphalatic (spelt wrongly) and died.
I'd take him to the vets to be certain. X

Back