• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding?

Stealth-Bunny

Warren Scout
What bedding does everyone use in their rabbits cages? I use woodshavings at present but wondering if there is anything better? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Sorry if it is in the wrong section)

I have seen Carefresh in my local p@h but not megazorb. Do you put straw or anything in with it?

I only use anything in my litter trays with the buns, so it gets covered with hay.

With my piggys, they just walk all over the megazorb!

Mine live in enclosures, so have various things in there.
Half of the enclosure is wood chippings over a wire frame (so that they can't dig out!), the other half is concrete, which I cover in straw in the winter.
I use wooden litter pellets in their litter trays, and also at the bottom of their dog bed which they snuggle in (as they have a tendency to pee there!), with a huge layer of straw and hay.
Places where they don't tend to toilet, I put down the sacks that you get dust free hay in, as these are soft and warm on the feetsies and easy to replace when they get chewed.

:wave:I use Hay for bedding, it softer than straw and encourages Twinkie to have a nibble when he is resting:)

In the litter tray I use, newspaper, carefresh and staw:)

Last edited:
Back