• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

am i just lucky or what????.... photos added

meandmedog

Alpha Buck
put Rodney and Cat in the living room together last night. they are now aka the odd couple, hes a big grey frenchie and shes a tiny chinchilla nethy!! anyway they have sniffed at best a couple of times. bit of chasing, bit of Rodney running off scared. then half hour later, Cat whispering Rodneys ears and licking his face. over night together and he gets in her hutch today during free run time. now they are sat snuggled up together. not lovey dovey but he has his butt in her face!! and they keep coming back together to lie down...

our Reg (aka thug) was neutered some weeks ago, was put next to the girls in the wendy house, opened up the cage today and... nothing... no problem. no issues, no fighting, just some nose snuggling between reg and lilley.. no drama.

am i just lucky??

Last edited:
Ive only had one experience with bonding.

I put my spayed female with my entire male in run together and they were fine so i put them in the hutch together and they were fine! 

pictures added

only got a few and they arent great.

these are the odd couple.
IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

erm and we havent cleaned!!! lol x

Last edited:
They look really quite loved up. I hope he doesn't decide to sit on her though! :D Is he the daddy of the baby buns (well growing up fast now, I know)?

no not our rodney. he is way too shy. bless him. two of the bubbas went yesterday :cry::cry: but their home is absolutely amazing. i didnt think it looked that big in the photo until i saw the two specks in the cage that were my babies. they are adored already!! and apparently have been happily binkying!

no not our rodney. he is way too shy. bless him. two of the bubbas went yesterday :cry::cry: but their home is absolutely amazing. i didnt think it looked that big in the photo until i saw the two specks in the cage that were my babies. they are adored already!! and apparently have been happily binkying!

Good news for the little ones, although I'm sure it was hard to let them go. :love:

you can just make out the babies in the middle. the cage drowns them. the run is about seven foot

IMAG0298.jpg

Photo0078.jpg

reg with his baba

IMAG0296.jpg

Back