• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dudley and Mavis' new aviary

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
I don't think I've shared photos of their new pad, yet.

A couple of months back, my naughty cat Geoffrey got hold of my credit card and bought a shed. Oh Geoffrey, you must be more careful.

shed2.jpg

Then, once the shed was up and hubby was used to there being a shed fully of bunny stuff, Geoffrey stole my purse again and this time bought an aviary. Oh Geoffrey, you really are naughty. It was only £240 inc delivery from www.aviarieworld.com - a bargain I think!

aviarypanels.jpg

After painting, the job of erecting began. Geoffrey studies his purchases:

progress.jpg

Ta-daaaa! Finished, with the occupants moved in. I love the fact that the door doesn't go all the way to the floor, it means that there's less risk of a naughty bunny nipping out when I go in. The tunnels go into the little cubby box by the front of the picture, they absolutely love it in there, it must be like a little burrow.
aviary.jpg

Dudley looking guilty at his trashed interior :lol: I've put a small dog crate in there so that they get used to it as part of their environment, then if they ever need to come indoors, the dog crate will come too and it will be familiar to them, so hopefully less stressful.

shed.jpg

Just in the process of fitting a roof before winter. Because the run is down the side of the house, the top is not very accessible so I've put it on the inside so that I can take it out to clean or when it's hot and dry. Half of it is attached here, I need to buy some more wood to do the other half. Then, when the plumber comes back to do some work in the bathroom, I'm going to get him to tap into the downpipe which is right by the shed so that it all drains off nicely :D

aviaryroof.jpg

Furtive snogs:
littlesnog.jpg

and the really bizarre thing is that while I was expecting a lot of moaning, hubby hasn't mentioned it. Not once. In spite of being in charge of feeding twice while I was away briefly with work, so I know he's seen it. Miracles will never cease :lol:

Last edited:
Looking good! :) Great stuff on the door, as I'm sure they'd run past your legs as soon as you opened it otherwise. Although if it was me I'd probably trip over it and go flying!

Looking good! :) Great stuff on the door, as I'm sure they'd run past your legs as soon as you opened it otherwise. Although if it was me I'd probably trip over it and go flying!

I put it on the other way up first of all, but I banged my head on it every time I went in or out, so I turned it upside down, and I'm really pleased that I did!

That looks great, bet they love it :D Looks like I'm going to have to replace one of my runs soon and I'm really liking the idea of an aviary now!

That looks great, bet they love it :D Looks like I'm going to have to replace one of my runs soon and I'm really liking the idea of an aviary now!

I can't praise it highly enough, it has made a bigger difference than I could ever have dreamed of! So much easier to clean, so much easier to get in and interact with the bunnies in and move around in, it's made Mavis much more confident too, as I'm no longer looming over her all the time. Very highly recommended!

Blackers - oh yes, now that sounds like a good idea :lol:

Clever Geoffrey! :lol::lol::lol:

It looks great; I love Dudley's guilty face. :love:

Wow that's one clever cat! :lol:

I wonder if I could train Whisper-dog to order a Savic Royal Suite for the rats.....

Looks great! :D x

Back