• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter/snow

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
I was wondering last winter i shut my rabbits up in their hutch during the snow to keep them warm. Should i do the same this year, only during the few days of snow with supervised exercise?
What are your opinions on this? There hutch is 6ft so they will have plenty of space.

Last edited:
During the snow last year, I still let my rabbits into their run but gave them snugglesafes to sit/lie on if they were cold. They enjoy being able to run around the run but also enjoyed having the extra warmth from the heatpad. When they are in the run, the covers are also all down so they don't get any chilly wind into the run either.

I brought Spenser into our unheated conservatory for winter exercise. His run isn't really secure enough for unsupervised play, and there is a limit to how long I can stand in the cold to watch him.

my buns come out in the rain and snow. They had a ball digging in the snow last year! I would make sure that their hutch is open so that they can get back in when they want to though.

I'm not sure, this is my first winter with outdoor rabbits. My run is actually 3 joined together, I was thinking of covering the smaller one closest to the hutch and letting them in that one? Their hutch is 6ft too. Although last year my Mum's rabbit enjoyed tunneling in the snow. Don't know! :?

Back