• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
hi everyone, just a quick question what are the best toys for rabbits to keep them amused. i brought a wicker ball for Whisky but she has demolished it within 12 hours and they are not the cheapest thing to buy. i dont want her getting bored in her hutch now the cold weather is coming in so please can i have your advice ;)

Mine aren't overly fussed with toys and they tend to get ignored. The only things they do like are toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay and sticks - like apple, pear or willow - to chew on. Apart from that, mine are amused for hours munching on their hay whilst the willow ball gets neglected in the corner along with the chew cubes on the hutch mesh.

if you look on youtube at homemade rabbit toys their are countless one made out of toilet tubes and in another toys post just below this one
i put some toys i have which are really good and most last a long time also from poundland you can get packs of six plastic cat toys and soem in it like the fabric fish i wouldn't reccomend giving to a rabbit but all the others are fine but a couple have feathers on but i just cut the feathers off and if you go to like asda they have tunnels which are quite big for cats which are 2.80 and benji loves his one of that but i put that in his play house as it is really big

hi everyone, just a quick question what are the best toys for rabbits to keep them amused. i brought a wicker ball for Whisky but she has demolished it within 12 hours and they are not the cheapest thing to buy. i dont want her getting bored in her hutch now the cold weather is coming in so please can i have your advice ;)

that happened to me yesterday! Bought my two a wicker ball (quite a big one too). Put it in shed last night, completely demolished this morning!!!!

Best toys so far...

A wicker type long object... Looks like a carrot, I prized apart a few of the twigs and stuffed food in it. Due to it's shape it seems to have lasted a lot better than the balls.

Boris's favourite plaything is an egg box, with a few pellets and hay inside, we then wrap it in 2 or 3 layers of newspaper style stuff (non inked) with a few crunches between each layer. It goes totally nuts and loves it.

Item 3 is a wooden hamster/ gerbil tube. With a few extra holes drilled along it's length. As it's solid wood it's really tough. Stuff as you would a loo roll tube...

Back