• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maze Haven - as good as it looks?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hey

Has anyone got the Maze Haven? I'm thinking of getting it for my girls for Xmas. They live outdoors but their run is kept completely dry. As molly has bad hocks, I'll be putting hay in it and on top of it, but I think it would be good to provide them extra stimulation and also burrowing space. I would "bury" it underneath their hay so it would be like a burrow. Is it big enough for 2 mini rexes?

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Tunnels,+Tents+%2526+Mats.8/Maze+Haven.414.html

It looked great until I read that it's made from cardboard and looked at the price.
I wouldn't pay £33 for cardboard!!

They'd be just as happy if you got a load of free boxes from the supermarket and made a maze yourself :)

I had the maze heaven and the buns loved it. I had to throw it away recently as it had been chewed to pieces and I will definately be buying a second.

It is large and takes up a lot of room.

I am in the middle of trying to build one !!

Pictures! Now!

Pretty please? :lol:

LionheadLuver I don't have one myself but I wouldn't buy one, for that price....it's only going to get chewed up and you could ge the same result using cardboard boxes and/or tunnels.

Voila ;)

h.jpg

Last edited:
I got Fudge it for xmas last year and still have it! Shes not really a cardboard chewer so i wasnt to bothered about buying it for her!

She has chewed some of it but she still has it :)

She uses it during the day to sleep in sometimes, shes not that interested in it as much as she used to be :?
If you dont really want to pay that price just make your own with free boxes, they will appreciate it just the same :wave:

It is hugely expensive, but having prodded one in the flesh, I'm not sure i would have believed it as made form cardboard, it was absolutely rock solid, much more akin to plywood than cardboard :shock: so you're definitey not getting a product which will get destroyed or chewed in the same way as a cardboard box, so I guess it depends on whether you're happy to pay that much for one and for the faff of not having to make and re make your own. If youve got the cash, I wouldn't rule it out based on what I've seen of them, i was very impressed with how solid it was.

Back