• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet won't vaccinate my buns for myxi

weedug

Mama Doe
None of my buns are 100% just now, and my vet won't vaccinate them for at least another month or 2, until whatever is wrong with them has been discovered and treated.

With all the myxi threads, I'm really worried about leaving them though. He said he hadn't had any myxi cases in for some time, so maybe we're in a lucky area.

Can't help worrying though :(

I agree with Spider. Put some mozzy netting over any mesh. If you are in a shed with electric get one of those fly zappers. Could you put any citronella around (away from buns of course) if they are in a hutch.

Thanks for the ideas. Where would I get citronella?

I am only using 1 shed and 1 hutch just now, all the others are in the house, but still go outside to play during the day.

You vet is making the right decision I think. What would happen if they were vaccinated and it made them really ill? It's very stressful having unvaccinated rabbits i know. :( Keep them extra clean and clean the area around them. I've washed the patio with vinegar, it helps keep the flies away.

I use vinegar daily to clean their runs out. Get through loads of the stuff, and it smells like a chip shop at times :lol:. Glad to hear it's helping keep the flies away :)

Back