• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny pulling fur out

Pulling out hair and eating it can be an indication of insufficient magnesium in the diet.

If he is already eating greens then something like parsley or spinach might help as they are higher in magnesium.

Scroll down to near the bottom of the page under the heading of minerals for information on dietary requirement of magnesium:

http://www.provet.co.uk/Rabbits/rabbitfeeding.htm

It's very easy to sex buns. Mine are sex'd as early as 4 weeks and other more experienced breeders can tell at a day old.
Look at some tutorials on the internet, at 4 months they will be very, very easy to tell.

Pulling it out and eating it usually means lack of magnesium in their diet. As recommended above, Lobo had some good information.
If there is any sign of nest building separate them asap as said nest-building bun can and most likely will get very aggressive. Though this doesn't look like the case.

Look at tutorials and sex them asap. Obviously if they're male and female it's most likely the doe will already be pregnant.

i have looked at the tutorials and took them to the vet when they were 9 weeks and they said they was def the same sex but 3 vets were not sure if they was boys or girls?? im 99.9% sure they are both boys i have studied lots of pics and thats what it looks like to me:oops:

they do have greens so will start giving them more spinach xx thanks for advice x

Back