• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Had a bit of a shock today - a possible two pregnancies! - UPDATE!

Ours made it to 31 days before giving birth - I would hold off on the ops tbh at such an advanced stage.

Ok, the vet is going to give them a thorough examination and if still unsure will do an ultrasound, we wouldn't dream of going through with it if they were and I'm pretty sure neither would the vet? The nurse did stress several times to us that she wasn't experienced with rabbits and so couldn't be sure but wanted to make sure that we are prepared for all eventualities.

Just been to check and no sightings yet still, I'm really hoping they're phantom, I'm so worried as we're so new to all this to have babies we a - don't want and b - don't know how we'd cope with two litters being inexperienced.

Will keep you updated.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works.

But you say you are absolutely sure all 3 are does because it was confirmed at the vets today.
Yet you then say that the nurse said to you she was inexperienced with rabbits.

I wouldn't trust that she can accurately sex them. I would separate them just in case and would go to a rabbit savvy vet to make sure before putting them back together xx

Ok, the vet is going to give them a thorough examination and if still unsure will do an ultrasound, we wouldn't dream of going through with it if they were and I'm pretty sure neither would the vet? The nurse did stress several times to us that she wasn't experienced with rabbits and so couldn't be sure but wanted to make sure that we are prepared for all eventualities.

Just been to check and no sightings yet still, I'm really hoping they're phantom, I'm so worried as we're so new to all this to have babies we a - don't want and b - don't know how we'd cope with two litters being inexperienced.

Will keep you updated.

hi honey my thoughts are with you. we went through exactly this, one set (8) are 8 weeks tomorrow and just going to new homes. the other litter (2) are 7 weeks old. the most difficult part for me was losing some of the second litter, but they are all absolutely gorgeous. finding the best homes for them was the difficult part but we have been very very lucky thus far. we have two REW's who are still looking for a home but the others are all very much loved. what we will be will be honey. dont worry if you need to talk just pm me! x

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works.

But you say you are absolutely sure all 3 are does because it was confirmed at the vets today.
Yet you then say that the nurse said to you she was inexperienced with rabbits.

I wouldn't trust that she can accurately sex them. I would separate them just in case and would go to a rabbit savvy vet to make sure before putting them back together xx

Oh my, they were definitely confirmed does when we bought them too, ok was the pet shop but the nurse did seem confident on the sex today. The previous owner identified them as all girls, would people really lie? Gosh this is so confusing, to think only the other week I was worried about them catching colds and being out in the rain - which seems trivial now compared to this.

I guess what will be will be, we will do whatever is best for the rabbits until everything is confirmed, not something we were expecting to deal with when taking on rescue rabbits.

I'm so upset :oops:

awww try not to be upset, it is an amazing experience but a bit overwhelming i guess. you love your buns and you will do what is best for them im sure. it made me fall in love either more with the mommas of our babies. was a totally amazing experience but not one that we intend to repeat

awww try not to be upset, it is an amazing experience but a bit overwhelming i guess. you love your buns and you will do what is best for them im sure. it made me fall in love either more with the mommas of our babies. was a totally amazing experience but not one that we intend to repeat

Thankyou :love:

Thought I'd update with our news - all three of our rabbits are DEFINITELY girls and WEREN'T pregnant so they were phantom - thank goodness. They've all had their surgery this morning and we are hopefully picking them up at teatime.

What a stressful weekend and even more so today, I never thought I would feel like this for animals but I've been in tears worrying about them, really can't wait to see them later.

The vets nurse has been amazing and as soon as she saw us this morning asked how I was as I was so upset at the thought of them been pregnant :lol:.

Roll on teatime now :love:

That's great news! :) Glad nobun has any little buns in the oven! :lol: Glad their ops went went. Hope they'll all be home soon xx

Back