• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noodles -new pics post 24

luvabun

Warren Veteran
I know she's a X as her Mum is pure white but do you think there's a fair bit of Silver Marten in her?

noodles002.jpg

She's probably a mix, I imagine her parents were pet shop buns? But the pattern is Otter, the same as my lionhead Annabelle.

edit: Just looked up the breed you mentioned, yes the colouring is right, but her ears look different and her coat seems longer and less smooth.

Last edited:
She's probably a mix, I imagine her parents were pet shop buns? But the pattern is Otter, the same as my lionhead Annabelle.

edit: Just looked up the breed you mentioned, yes the colouring is right, but her ears look different and her coat seems longer and less smooth.

I only saw the Mum (the Dad had gone after causing 2 lots of litter mischief :cry: ) and she is pure white. She was laid out and looked to have a long nose so I guess that would explain the difference.

I can't stop looking at her, she's very pretty :love:

I only saw the Mum (the Dad had gone after causing 2 lots of litter mischief :cry: ) and she is pure white. She was laid out and looked to have a long nose so I guess that would explain the difference.

I can't stop looking at her, she's very pretty :love:

Watch her nose twitch when she's sittting/lying still. I love watching Annabelle's, just wanna cuddle her tight! Strictly off limits though as she doesnt like human contact much :lol:

Watch her nose twitch when she's sittting/lying still. I love watching Annabelle's, just wanna cuddle her tight! Strictly off limits though as she doesnt like human contact much :lol:

The Gumtree ad stated that she didn't like to be picked up... I manage it and have regular cuddles with her :love:

Smitten? Me? :lol:

She's a fox not an otter, she could be a cross of anything really as there are many breeds with that colouring and silver martens don't have a distinct shape, very pretty though :)

She's a fox not an otter, she could be a cross of anything really as there are many breeds with that colouring and silver martens don't have a distinct shape, very pretty though :)

what are the differences between the two?

what are the differences between the two?

Both are from the tan pattern but one has a small amount of orange/fawn fur and one doesn't, for example a black otter would be black, with a bit of orange around the 'edges' and then white, foxes don't have the orange/fawn colouring

Black otter (there's a light orange patch at the back of the neck and a bit around the stomach) -
LOP-Mini-Lop-Otter.jpg

Blue fox (there's no fawn/orange colouring) -
3634789-955m.jpg

Last edited:

Spot on Demi :thumb: Obviously a X but the Vet took one look at her and said silver Fox.

Last edited:
Spot on Demi :thumb: Obviously a X but the Vet took one look at her and said Silver Fox.

Yeah like I said the thing with fur breeds is that they're nearly all 'regular' rabbit shaped, so people will see a tortoiseshell 'regular' shaped rabbit and assume it's a thuringer, they might look similar but probably have very different fur types and traits etc., but two pet shop lops could probably produce an up eared rabbit with a silver fox resemblance, wouldn't it be great if all rabbits could have parentage listed in their microchips or something :lol:

Yeah like I said the thing with fur breeds is that they're nearly all 'regular' rabbit shaped, so people will see a tortoiseshell 'regular' shaped rabbit and assume it's a thuringer, they might look similar but probably have very different fur types and traits etc., but two pet shop lops could probably produce an up eared rabbit with a silver fox resemblance, wouldn't it be great if all rabbits could have parentage listed in their microchips or something :lol:

Too true. I only saw the Mother of Noodles (white uppey-eared) and apparently Noodles was the only one that looked like her Father. The second litter that were there from the same parents were a right cocktail including hint of lionead and brown/grey.

p.s. thanks Demi - the breed info is new for me

Very sweet! She's very similar in colouring to Gisela's Penny, and penny's mum and siblings were all rew too.

Fingers crossed for the bonding...

Very sweet! She's very similar in colouring to Gisela's Penny, and penny's mum and siblings were all rew too.

:wave: Gisela has already clocked the likeness :lol: . And yes, all bonding luck for when it happens will be gratefully received :)

Both are from the tan pattern but one has a small amount of orange/fawn fur and one doesn't, for example a black otter would be black, with a bit of orange around the 'edges' and then white, foxes don't have the orange/fawn colouring

Ahh, what I found online suggested the opposite! :lol: Annabelle is in fact a fox then, like Noodles.

I gave her a few minutes in the garden :love:

Those lugs were twitching away when the birds were singing and a helicopter went overhead :love:
noodles015.jpg

noodles016.jpg

Was Penny's mum white? Maybe it was her dad that I saw at Eve's then. I remember a dark brown and black type of bunny for some reason. Let's hope Noodles has a bit less attitude than Penny and will be a nice friend for BJ. :)

Back