• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing kitchen cupboards

papercutexit

Young Bun
Sigh... I know what it feels like to have a beaver in your house. My rabbit just generally chews on everything that's in his way, no matter how much hay he has, and regardless of the toys, wicker baskets and cardboard boxes that are scattered around the place. Once he's had a nibble on something that he likes, he keeps coming back for more. I tried some spray ('Chew Stoppa') but he just licked it off and chewed again - I guess him licking the bottle was a good indicator that it wouldn't help ;)

For now the one thing that seems to put him off is simple gaffa tape (or 'cloth tape')! We just stuck some gaffa tape along the edges of the skirting boards and door frames and he's not tried to chew through them yet. Might be worth trying!

If he hasn't got tons of hay yet, that's probably something as well - mine was chewing loads more when I first got him and he wasn't used to eating hay, now he spends a lot of time sat in his box eating hay which seems to satisfy his urge to chew stuff.

Back