• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice re: bereaved rabbit - U/D - no progress !!

Thank you - he is still eating, but only just.

It's so easy to just go out and get a bun but I've had a terrible experience with bonding before so didn't want to try and do it myself.

It looks as though I might have to I'm afraid - such a shame :roll:

when i got Maisie i got her as a baby and put her straight in with Bud. i know a few probably won't agree with this but it just made life easier for me and Bud at that time.
i did this knowing a young bun would ave no problems with Bud, he was neutered and he very soft and gentle so i knew there wouldn't be problems on his side either.

i got Maisie spayed as soon as she was old enough and he stayed with her throughout.

keep us updated on Todd. x

How about adopting a speyed female but keeping them side by side for a while..you may need to invest in another hutch..or borrow one for a time..but even the sight and smell if a doe my perk him up, then you can take your time to bond or get someone to help, when he is fully fit?

Back