• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Massive Huge Vibes Please :'( ***UPDATE*** Progress with Whisper

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Unbelievable. There are no nodules on her..................

I am completely baffled. My parents have paid £200+ and there is nothing wrong with her.
The only thing I can think of is that the vet mistook a piece of fur missing off her ear as the nodule but she has had that for 3 years since I got her spayed.
I just can't believe it... she has travelled since this morning to be here and she is fine.
Do you think I should give her her course of antibiotics and metcam just to be extra sure and take her to the vets on Monday to double check.
I am 100% sure she doesn't have a nodule on her.

Pretty damn furious right now.

Unbelievable. There are no nodules on her..................

I am completely baffled. My parents have paid £200+ and there is nothing wrong with her.
The only thing I can think of is that the vet mistook a piece of fur missing off her ear as the nodule but she has had that for 3 years since I got her spayed.
I just can't believe it... she has travelled since this morning to be here and she is fine.
Do you think I should give her her course of antibiotics and metcam just to be extra sure and take her to the vets on Monday to double check.
I am 100% sure she doesn't have a nodule on her.

Pretty damn furious right now.

:shock:

W.....T.......

Well, obviously it is FANTASTIC if she is in the clear. But really, what the heck was going on !

ETA -I'd keep her on the Baytril/Metacam til you see a Vet again.

:shock:

W.....T.......

Well, obviously it is FANTASTIC if she is in the clear. But really, what the heck was going on !

ETA -I'd keep her on the Baytril/Metacam til you see a Vet again.

agreed - I would use the meds just in case there was something and its gone down already

thats shocking......but its kinda good news.....

Oh 100% it's fantastic news. My Dad and I have decided to keep them here though to keep a close eye on any developing symptoms. My Mum is coming up in the half term so she can take them back then.
Will book Vet on Monday for Monday with James Burgess in Gloucester.

the one 'nodule' on Medlar went down in 2 days - i am still convinced it was a nodule though the vet was not so sure.

agreed - I would use the meds just in case there was something and its gone down already

Yes, you're right, and this is what my Dad has suggested but I can not see where a nodule could have been? I reckon he'd mistaken the missing fur as one?
I'm still going to give her the meds none the less, go the to vets Monday and get them to ring up eachother and liase as to whether she ever had myxi or not!

Eeeeeeeeeek, good news :D can it go down that quickly? I thought the nodules went through 'stages' before they dropped off so to speak? Didnt think they came and went anyhows.

Glad there all safe xx

Okay, have double double checked and I've found it.... it's absolutely tiny though, I'll take a picture of it.

Erm, good luck! Hes in pretty high demand, make sure you stress how important it is, even stretch the truth a bit.... Hes worth it though.

Well it's not completely urgent but yeah I will stretch the truth maybe a little bit to get him before Weds?

Sorry the picture is so bad, I'll try and get a better one tomorrow if I find my camera :roll:

I've darkened the picture and lowered the contrast so you can see it....
Snapshot_20111008.jpg

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful bunnies and lots of vibes that little Ghostie is ok x. I've no experience of Myxo so I can't comment on your picture but I hope it's nothing x.

:cry::cry:I've come home from a day out with my Dad today and Ghostie isn't herself, to top it all off Whisper's eyed are quite red and have discharge so am now treating him as a suspected myxo case now too :cry::cry:

Back