PDA

View Full Version : Massive Huge Vibes Please :'( ***UPDATE*** Progress with Whisper

*Spider*
08-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Unbelievable. There are no nodules on her..................

I am completely baffled. My parents have paid 200+ and there is nothing wrong with her.
The only thing I can think of is that the vet mistook a piece of fur missing off her ear as the nodule but she has had that for 3 years since I got her spayed.
I just can't believe it... she has travelled since this morning to be here and she is fine.
Do you think I should give her her course of antibiotics and metcam just to be extra sure and take her to the vets on Monday to double check.
I am 100% sure she doesn't have a nodule on her.

Pretty damn furious right now.

Jack's-Jane
08-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Unbelievable. There are no nodules on her..................

I am completely baffled. My parents have paid 200+ and there is nothing wrong with her.
The only thing I can think of is that the vet mistook a piece of fur missing off her ear as the nodule but she has had that for 3 years since I got her spayed.
I just can't believe it... she has travelled since this morning to be here and she is fine.
Do you think I should give her her course of antibiotics and metcam just to be extra sure and take her to the vets on Monday to double check.
I am 100% sure she doesn't have a nodule on her.

Pretty damn furious right now.

:shock:

W.....T.......

Well, obviously it is FANTASTIC if she is in the clear. But really, what the heck was going on !

ETA -I'd keep her on the Baytril/Metacam til you see a Vet again.

*Spider*
08-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Oh God yeah I'm estatic to some extent but to the other I am pretty livid with the vet!

happybunny22000
08-10-2011, 10:07 PM
thats shocking......but its kinda good news.....

parsnipbun
08-10-2011, 10:08 PM
:shock:

W.....T.......

Well, obviously it is FANTASTIC if she is in the clear. But really, what the heck was going on !

ETA -I'd keep her on the Baytril/Metacam til you see a Vet again.

agreed - I would use the meds just in case there was something and its gone down already

*Spider*
08-10-2011, 10:09 PM
thats shocking......but its kinda good news.....

Oh 100% it's fantastic news. My Dad and I have decided to keep them here though to keep a close eye on any developing symptoms. My Mum is coming up in the half term so she can take them back then.
Will book Vet on Monday for Monday with James Burgess in Gloucester.

parsnipbun
08-10-2011, 10:10 PM
the one 'nodule' on Medlar went down in 2 days - i am still convinced it was a nodule though the vet was not so sure.

*Spider*
08-10-2011, 10:13 PM
agreed - I would use the meds just in case there was something and its gone down already

Yes, you're right, and this is what my Dad has suggested but I can not see where a nodule could have been? I reckon he'd mistaken the missing fur as one?
I'm still going to give her the meds none the less, go the to vets Monday and get them to ring up eachother and liase as to whether she ever had myxi or not!

Sparkle x
08-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Eeeeeeeeeek, good news :D can it go down that quickly? I thought the nodules went through 'stages' before they dropped off so to speak? Didnt think they came and went anyhows.

Glad there all safe xx

*Spider*
08-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Okay, have double double checked and I've found it.... it's absolutely tiny though, I'll take a picture of it.

TeflonsShadow
08-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Will book Vet on Monday for Monday with James Burgess in Gloucester.

Erm, good luck! Hes in pretty high demand, make sure you stress how important it is, even stretch the truth a bit.... Hes worth it though.

*Spider*
08-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Erm, good luck! Hes in pretty high demand, make sure you stress how important it is, even stretch the truth a bit.... Hes worth it though.

Well it's not completely urgent but yeah I will stretch the truth maybe a little bit to get him before Weds?

*Spider*
08-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Sorry the picture is so bad, I'll try and get a better one tomorrow if I find my camera :roll:

I've darkened the picture and lowered the contrast so you can see it....
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/KingHetty/Snapshot_20111008.jpg

*Spider*
09-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Bump?

martlou
09-10-2011, 11:02 AM
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful bunnies and lots of vibes that little Ghostie is ok x. I've no experience of Myxo so I can't comment on your picture but I hope it's nothing x.

antigone
09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I have no idea about nodules either, but I'm glad that Ghostie seems to be all right! :D

bunlover
09-10-2011, 05:19 PM

I think u mean Jason not James Burgess but yes he is very much worth it x

*Spider*
09-10-2011, 07:13 PM
:cry::cry:I've come home from a day out with my Dad today and Ghostie isn't herself, to top it all off Whisper's eyed are quite red and have discharge so am now treating him as a suspected myxo case now too :cry::cry:

TeflonsShadow
09-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Oh dear. :(

Hope you manage to get an app tomorrow, I think they open at 8am?

TeflonsShadow
09-10-2011, 07:18 PM
I think u mean Jason not James Burgess but yes he is very much worth it x

You quoted the wrong person. I knew who I was on about.

Jason Burgess is the vet Spider and I were discussing, she just made a typo.

*Spider*
09-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh dear. :(

Hope you manage to get an app tomorrow, I think they open at 8am?

Thanks for this Jeanna, I'm usually up to do the horse at 7.30 so they'll be my first port of call. x

TeflonsShadow
09-10-2011, 07:24 PM
No worries. Good luck tomorrow . If anyone can help, it will be Jason.

*Spider*
09-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Yup, a typo. My vet at home is called James and I have a friend called James Burgess so I got a little confused there!!!!

poppymoon
09-10-2011, 07:25 PM
:( sending stay healthy wishes for all buns xxx

weedug
09-10-2011, 07:26 PM
:( Sending loads of vibes for your buns.

Good luck tomorrow.

Jack's-Jane
09-10-2011, 07:32 PM
:cry::cry:I've come home from a day out with my Dad today and Ghostie isn't herself, to top it all off Whisper's eyed are quite red and have discharge so am now treating him as a suspected myxo case now too :cry::cry:

Oh no :cry:

Millions more vibes being sent xx

Nikki26
09-10-2011, 07:45 PM
What a nightmare :cry: lots of vibes for all of your buns. x

Tinsel
09-10-2011, 07:47 PM
What a worry :cry: Sending vibes to all the poorly buns....

sparklefairy
09-10-2011, 07:55 PM
thinking of you and your buns x

happybunny22000
09-10-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm so sorry - hopefully they'll be able to fight it :(
It gets to stage where you dread coming home

parsnipbun
09-10-2011, 08:06 PM
so sorry to hear this - they do sometimes go through a 'feverish' stage

*Spider*
09-10-2011, 08:08 PM
so sorry to hear this - they do sometimes go through a 'feverish' stage

Sorry, could you explain this please? :wave:

Debster
09-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Millions of vibes for Ghostie and Whisper, hope you manage to get an appointment tomorrow xx

TeflonsShadow
09-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Sorry, could you explain this please? :wave:

I think they mean a stage where the bun is acting as though they are fighting a fever- less spritely, perhaps off their food or a little grumpy, like having the 'flu.

Leanne
09-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Tons of vibes flying their way ~*~*~*~

Sparkle x
09-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Lots & lots of vibes xx

parsnipbun
09-10-2011, 11:32 PM
I think they mean a stage where the bun is acting as though they are fighting a fever- less spritely, perhaps off their food or a little grumpy, like having the 'flu.

exactly - sort of lethargic and grumpy and literally a bit hot to the touch (esp ears)

Metacam can help this .

XMissySJx
10-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Thinking of you Hetty xx

Becki xX
10-10-2011, 03:34 PM
This is awful. Sending hugs xx

Tracy
10-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Thinking of you and your poorly bunnies.

Sending loads of vibes. xx

Tinsel
10-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Sending more vibes to these poorly bunnies...

*Spider*
10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Whisper and Ghostie are really not themselves.... they're just constantly snuggling eachother in the hay.
Couldn't get an appt. at all this week with Jason Burgess so have the next available spot next Monday at 8.30am and will carry on course with meds. If they deteriorate they'll be straight in to see another member of the team.
Whisper is getting so stressed at meds time :cry:

TeflonsShadow
10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
:( so sorry Hetty. Keep up the hope. X

Sparkle x
10-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Im sorry there no better, such a shame he cant squeeze you in :( May be worth seeing another member if there still not well. Meds are hard especially when they get so stressed. Lots of vibes (*) xxxx

Alibunmum
10-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I am so sorry and have only just caught up with this thread.:(. I hope they manage to fight this off and am so sorry for your losses.

Hanlou
10-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I am so sorry and have only just caught up with this thread.:(. I hope they manage to fight this off and am so sorry for your losses.

Ditto to this. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I remember these bunnies so well. I can't believe it. Sending vibes for the poorly ones and am so sorry for your losses. There just isn't words. Thinking of you and sending tons of hugs. :(

alio71
10-10-2011, 09:43 PM
I have no idea how I've managed to miss this thread!! I'm so sorry for the loss of your 2 buns and am sending vibes that the rest of your rabbits can fight this xxx

susie bun
10-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm late to the thread too, but thinking of you at this very stressful time. xx

*Spider*
10-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I went to P@H today to get them so treats and willow balls and a lady suggested about getting some anti-insectisidal products as they may have some fleas or something that could be passing it on to eachother? None the less I thought it feasable (sp?) and bought some product. I haven't put it on them yet as I wanted your advice first.. what do you guys reckon? Atleast give it to Toffee and Frosty (healthy)

*Spider*
11-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Sorry if people are getting sick of this thread but Whisper is sounding really bad :( Eyes are secreting a lot of discharge and Frosty is constantly grooming him. so he looks so funny.
I just am praying a nodule appears....

Tinsel
11-10-2011, 08:43 PM
It looks like Drusilla has full-blown myxi despite being vaccinated but it also looks as if she MAY have turned a corner now and be slightly stronger. Hopefully yours will too. The crucial thing is antibiotics, high strength, to prevent secondary respiratory infections. If they can just hang on and keep eating while those have a chance to work, they have a real chance. Post away - there's several of us in the same boat at the moment and I'm sure no-one minds multiple posts... :wave:

Nikki26
11-10-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't have any advice but just wanted to add some more vibes. I so hope they both start to feel better soon. x

Hanlou
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't have any advice but just wanted to add some more vibes. I so hope they both start to feel better soon. x

Ditto - thinking of you and the bunnies xx

*Spider*
11-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Thankyou - Whisper is beginning to lose his rag with me. He has started to hate being picked up and gets really aggy with me... he turns around quickly as if he is going to bite me. I know he wouldn't and of course am being really gentle with him. He has never had meds in his life and he's finding it so stressful. Atleast he enjoys his cuddle afterwards but he's really edgey if I go to pick him up as he knows it's meds time :(

Jack's-Jane
11-10-2011, 09:35 PM
As Tinsel said, maybe if he can just get through this acute phase he will start to feel a bit better within himself. I know just how stressful it is to have to keep medicating a poorly Bun when they really just want to be left alone.

I am still sending millions of vibes xx

Sparkle x
11-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Lots more vibes xx

Tracy
11-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Sending loads more vibes. Keep fighting Whisper & Ghostie. xx

Thinking of you all. xxx

rabbitapril
11-10-2011, 10:20 PM
I do hope you can get your bunnies through this.

What an awful time for you all.:(

Sending get well vibes, I will be looking for an update tomorrow.

happybunny22000
11-10-2011, 10:24 PM
sending vibes to you too x x

Debster
12-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Sending lots more vibes for Whisper and Ghostie, will keep looking out for updates. Really hope they keep fighting xxx

chelle
12-10-2011, 11:50 AM
sending loads of vibes for you xxxx

parsnipbun
12-10-2011, 12:08 PM
thinking of you and the buns at this really hard time . .

nursecroft
12-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't have any advice just keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of you xx

Tracy
12-10-2011, 08:27 PM
How are Whisper and Ghostie this evening?

Thinking of you all. xxx

Tinsel
12-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Do hope these two are doing better... :wave:

BB Mommy
12-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Loads of get well vibes for your bunnies xxx

*Spider*
12-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Whisper and Ghost have a vets appt on Friday. Whisper's eyes are less red but his breathing is getting pretty bad. Everyone else is currently flopped out on my rug but Whisper is just there slightly hunched breathing rattly. He's eating like no tomorrow though as earlier I gave them dandelions and I've just given them some broccoli and he went crazy. I'm going to buy some olbus oil to try and clear his airways a bit tomorrow.

Alibunmum
12-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Good to hear the broccoli was enjoyed. Such a shame though that his breathing is so bad and I really hope that this is his worst point and things will improve. I have no experience of nursing myx buns but you are doing a great job. It must be a relief to have them with you.

Tracy
12-10-2011, 10:40 PM
You really are doing a fantastic and very difficult job. I can only imagine how stressful and upsetting this must be for you.

Fingers crossed that Whisper's breathing will improve very soon. It's good that he has such a good appetite though.

Still thinking of you all and sending loads of vibes. xxxx

*Spider*
14-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Vets appt. in half an hour - Whisper has deteriorated... may be time to reunite him with his brother.

Jack's-Jane
14-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Vets appt. in half an hour - Whisper has deteriorated... may be time to reunite him with his brother.

Oh god :cry:

I know that you will do whatever is best for Whisper

I wish I could be of more use to you Hetty :cry:

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))

*Spider*
14-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Oh god :cry:

I know that you will do whatever is best for Whisper

I wish I could be of more use to you Hetty :cry:

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))

Thankyou Jane, I can't stop crying. Whisper is still in OKAY spirits and if vet agrees, we'll give him by Monday when he can see Jason Burgess to decide....
He just looks and sounds dreadful, he's getting soooo paniced during medication time too and I think it's making him worse.

happybunny22000
14-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Im so sorry hetty. It is such a heartbreaking choice

Nikki26
14-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Thinking of you. I hope Whisper can keep fighting. xx

Alibunmum
14-10-2011, 09:51 AM
I am so sorry Whisper is not picking up.

Tinsel
14-10-2011, 10:25 AM
So sorry It's such a horrible disease :cry:

Piggiesgalore
14-10-2011, 10:32 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers xxx

parsnipbun
14-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I am so very sorry - it really is no reflection at all on the care you have given - it is such a dreadful disease that whatever you do - however much you care - (and I know how much you do and how much you have tried) sometimes there is no beating it.

*Spider*
14-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Just got back from the vets - Whisper has REALLY picked up in the last hour of having his injections.
Vet is certain he has myxi but thinks that his vaccination has WORKED and he has partial immunity to it and is really happy for him to keep fighting as long as he is comfortable.
She says his heart sounds great, his GIT feels normal, and lungs do sound raspy but she says it's very minimal and she thinks the sounds we're hearing is mainly upper respiratory tract so I've bought some Olbus oil for him.
She has upped his dose of metacam to 1.8ml once a day as opposed to twice as he was getting so stressed and 0.6ml of metacam twice a day..(1.5kg bunny - NethieXLionheadXPolish)
Just got back and Whisper is hopping around scoffing dandelions :love: As soon as he got back all four bunnies were grooming him and Frosty even did a binky.
Eyes are still very red and inflammed though but less so than yesterday.
Vibes for further progress much appreciated :mrgreen:

Tinsel
14-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Just got back from the vets - Whisper has REALLY picked up in the last hour of having his injections.
Vet is certain he has myxi but thinks that his vaccination has WORKED and he has partial immunity to it and is really happy for him to keep fighting as long as he is comfortable.
She says his heart sounds great, his GIT feels normal, and lungs do sound raspy but she says it's very minimal and she thinks the sounds we're hearing is mainly upper respiratory tract so I've bought some Olbus oil for him.
She has upped his dose of metacam to 1.8ml once a day as opposed to twice as he was getting so stressed and 0.6ml of metacam twice a day..(1.5kg bunny - NethieXLionheadXPolish)
Just got back and Whisper is hopping around scoffing dandelions :love: As soon as he got back all four bunnies were grooming him and Frosty even did a binky.
Eyes are still very red and inflammed though but less so than yesterday.
Vibes for further progress much appreciated :mrgreen:

That sounds great!!! It's really slow making progress against this thing but the virus can't last indefinitely so every day they keep going they have a better chance of winning. Sounds like your two are doing really well. Sending more vibes!! :D

Wish me luck for Drusilla's appointment at 5! :wave:

*Spider*
14-10-2011, 11:48 AM
That sounds great!!! It's really slow making progress against this thing but the virus can't last indefinitely so every day they keep going they have a better chance of winning. Sounds like your two are doing really well. Sending more vibes!! :D

Wish me luck for Drusilla's appointment at 5! :wave:
I'm so happy - I looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards this morning - been crying a lot and my eyes are as probably as swollen as Whispers!
I really feel the injections have given him that boost he needed - vet has said though that the next 10 days are crucial. Love having him in the house though as I can keep an eagle eye on him.
Good luck for 5 :wave:

mini lop1
14-10-2011, 11:51 AM
sending more vibes for your buns

chelle
14-10-2011, 12:10 PM
sending huge vibes for the buns xxx

happybunny22000
14-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Really really chuffed for you hetty.

Good luck at 5 tinsel x x