• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

French lop crusty eye!! Any help please???

maggieArnie

Young Bun
Hi,

My lop has the same issue at the moment, i noticed it this morning before i came to work. Has your rabbits eye getting any better? did you go to the vet? any advise would be appreciated.

Diane

:wave::wave: Hello there sorry for the long delay.... Yes Big A's eyes have cleared up was given a tiny tube of ointment, which lasted three days.. After this I bathed them with a little, cooled boiled water one to two times a day..... Teeth checked so no probs there.. He is sometimes prone to scratch his face whilst grooming and may catch his eye with his toenail!!!!:evil::evil: My best advice would be to start bathing it twice a day with cooled boiled water, making sure to use different cottonwool pads for each eye!!:love::love: If theres no improvement in three days.. Your buns needs to see the Vet.... Could be a dental problem....Wish you and your Bun lots of luck... :wave::wave::wave:

My frenchie also had the same,i took her to the vets and she had a little ulcer on her eye so was given drops to help clear it up,we think the same thing has caught her eye wiv one of her nails x

Back