• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Giant bunny with wobbly legs :(

Louise G

Warren Scout
Any news on your bunny? Sincere hopes all is well. Max is getting quite stroppy which is good to see even if his legs aren't quite straight yet! Note the positive tone:). I stopped posting because I was so worried about him. I hope you do the same and he's hanging on in there. Best wishes Susan

Hi Susan,

So glad to here Max is doing well. Unfortunatley We lost Godzilla almost two weeks ago now. I didnt want to post because i was too upset. I think he had a stroke and became paralysed so it was different form your bunny. He ment the world to me. I massaged his bowels to help him go the toilet, bathed him, syringe fed him etc but he couldnt move and refused to eat or drink becoming severly hydrated and fighting the syringe. He got so stressed out and had no quality of life so we had to have him pts. Our lovely vet agreed that he would not get any better and had given up so the kindest thing was to let him go. He was getting on for 6 and we only had him for a year where we introduced him to a spayed honey bun who he loved to bits, the freedom of freeranging in the garden and a huge indoor hutch to keep him warm. When we got him all he knew was a tiny meat cage, wire flooring which had caused huge ulcers on his feet which had been there years and a broken leg. He was going to be eaten and my mum said i couldnt have him but i got him anyway and gave him loads of love attention and treats and showed him kindness and happiness so although he didnt live as long as i would have liked, he at least had a happy year and a half. I am glad i got to share some of his life with him and no bunny could ever replace him. i just wish i could have saved him. Thanksyou for all your advice and I hope Max continues to improve. Please let me know how he gets on. Much love, Louise x

I'm so sorry you lost Godzilla :cry: Sounds like he had a great life with you and you did all you could for him. Awesome name too! Binky free Godzilla xx

So sorry to hear you lost him :cry: I adore giants, but their short lifespan is devastating. I've had mini lops live almost 14 years but giants barely 5 :cry:

Thanks everyone. Ive had rabbits since I was five but i can't believe how much of an impact he made on my life. He was treated so badly yet when we rescued him he had the kindest heart, never laid a tooth or claw on anyone or bunny and wanted constant love and to be licking and grooming you back. he was 51/2 which isnt bad considering his bad start but I miss him loads and he will never be forgotten :'( xxx

Back