• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plans for new Rabbit hutch and run! *THEY ARE IN!!*

Run and Hutch now in production!

The Run.....it's big.....I know I've been painting it all day!

001ici.jpg

The Hutch....well the frame anyway!

002gc.jpg

Off to Wickes now for more supplies! :wave:

The run looks a very good size, the hutch looks like it is going to be a big one, bunnys should be very very happy once it is all done, do you have a deadline for when you would like it to be finished.

Don't really have a deadline for it to be finished. Simon has been flat out doing the hutch all day today.....it's a whopper! I finished painting the run. We are going to use aviary wire (13mm square) on it, that's what we have always used before. Bramble and Bungee are going to look tiny in it! :lol:

Just been down the garage again for a look.........it's huge! :shock: Will take some more piccies of progress later.

Some more photos!

Run, now painted....just needs wire, floor and plastic roof.

005sp.jpg

Hutch....work in progress....

004iu.jpg

Haven't really seen Simon all weekend!

That looks great, it's so big!
Your OH should go into business making rabbit hutches and runs! It's really hard to find ones that are large enough and difficult to make them yourself when you have no idea what you're doing. When I first adopted rabbits the size requirements were 6x2x2 hutch with a 10x6x3ft run. Nowhere could we find anything that size, my bunnies are inside because of that.

Thanks.....can't wait for it to be finished..although I think it's still a little way off yet! I hate to think how much it's cost us!

Wow, look amazing.
When you have this sort of set up.. (which I don't as yet, just a big hutch and separate run, looking into systems to connect...)
How to you clean the hutch properly? I can't see how you stand in front and get into it and downstairs? surley it's a ball ache to un attach the run every week to do a full cleanout (mine need a full clean out weekly and tray cleans out 3 times a week!)

Wow, look amazing.
When you have this sort of set up.. (which I don't as yet, just a big hutch and separate run, looking into systems to connect...)
How to you clean the hutch properly? I can't see how you stand in front and get into it and downstairs? surley it's a ball ache to un attach the run every week to do a full cleanout (mine need a full clean out weekly and tray cleans out 3 times a week!)

The run is actually going to be on wheels! So it is easy to pull out for a clean.....I clean out everyday (very messy bunnies!), so it was important to make it as easy as possible. The run also has a lift up top to half od it, so I will actually be able to get inside too!

Back