• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today is the Big Bunny Swap day - Pics p21/ Bad news post 42

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We have had really bad news about Dylan over the past week.

At first he seemed to be doing really well, but last week we noticed gradual changes to his eye. A check up revealed that the pressure in his eye is increasing and the changes were caused by the break down of cells being pushed to the surface :( It meant his eye needs removing although it wasn't urgent so he was booked in for next Tuesday.

But last night he had a bleed inside his eye and the surface started changing shape. Steve stayed with him all night and we got to the vets as soon as they opened. As well as the bleed the surface has become ulcerated. We though his eye would be removed there and then but the risk of infection is now too great. He is on antibiotics,eye drops and metacam until the removal on Tuesday in the hopes that it will increase his chances of the op being successful.

Initially thought to be EC related the vet can now no longer rule out an eye full of pus or a tumour. In fact she didn;t sound that optimistic about the whole thing. Until they start to investigate under GA we don't know what the outcome will be, but one thing is certain we will not be giving up on him and will be doing everything possible to give him a chance of a long happy future :)

Awwww, poor Dylan. :( I hope he stays comfortable till Tuesday and that the outcome is a good one.

Oh no :cry: Poor Dylan. Is he ok in himself? I hope Bobbi is looking after him :love: Sending nose rubs from us xx

Oh no :cry: Poor Dylan. Is he ok in himself? I hope Bobbi is looking after him :love: Sending nose rubs from us xx

He is absolutely fine in himself although the eye must be causing him a bit of pain now though. But like Susan says he is really enjoying his new hutch and free range time and is always active :D

Back