• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grief

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
does it ever go away i still think about my Duke and if i try tto explain to ppl about how wonderful he was i start crying immedantly even as im writing this im crying
in a right state just wondered if anyone else has this problem of not even being able to talk about thier passed away pets without crying and if you dont how do you
control it. Dont know why just i think of him quite abit look at an image of him and become a mess.

I know what you mean :( It's taken 2 years for me to be able to talk about Mable without crying... It gets easier, but very slowly :(

Big hugs!

I think it gets easier, but I am not sure if it ever truly stops hurting.

Its been three years since our last family dog was PTS. She was a major part of all our lives, we went through so much together. It doesn't feel like three years, I still cry when I think of her or look at pictures. I still can't believe I'll never see her again. For a good while after she passed, whenever I was at my mums and I didn't see her I'd go to call on her, only to remember that she wouldn't come running. I'd see shadows and think it was her.

Life goes on, and I have other things on my mind so I think of her less. I suppose this is it 'getting easier'. It still hurts, just not as often. I still can't really talk about her without getting upset. I miss her so much.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

It never goes away but it gets easier to think about. You start to be grateful for their life rather than shattered by their death. But it never goes away.

:([[[hugs]]] I don't think the grief ever goes away. After Coco died I cried daily for over a year. She left such a huge void in my life when she left. I have had animals as part of my family for years but none ever touched me the way she did and I don't know if any others ever will. Three years on I still cry, but not as often and I can talk about her most of the time without welling up(not now, I am crying like a baby just writing this)but I can think about the funny things she did and recount them. That you are still grieving just shows how much you loved Duke and what an integral part of your life he was:love: If you need to cry because you miss him, think of the happy things and his funny antics and just maybe a smile can break through the tears. It does get better...it just takes time.

It's only been a couple of months, don't feel bad about still grieving, you loved him and he was special to you. If people don't get that, well, that's their problem, isn't it? If you need to cry you need to cry.

I like the fact that the Rainbow Bridge section allows people to keep their bun's memory alive, maybe when you feel sad, you could pop in there and put your feelings on a thread about him? I think quite a few members do that. At least on here people are likely to understand.

((((HUGS)))) remember that he's always here, he's just binkying like a loon at the Bridge with lots of friends.

xxx

Back