• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Star isnt eating and off to vets U/D Home and all fine now :-)

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
OH took the evening veg out to the bunnies a while ago and said Star was just sitting in the hutch, and no interest in food. He tried to tempt her with her faves, dandelions, grass, rose petals, herbs, but she wasnt interested in any of it. She hasnt been out in the run all day but was fine when I took her her 5pm pellets.

We have decided to take her to the vets to be seen, because it is very unlike them to turn down their veg, and better to go now than in the middle of the night or early in the morning and my OH have to go late in to work.

Last week Twinkle stopped eating and had to stay in at the vets on a drip, she got better within 24 hours but then had a little dip a few days later and had to go back for more pain relief, but is now fine.

I'm hoping that since its caught early Star will be able to come back home with us tonight and will feel better by morning.

I'm wondering what has caused it. Its unlike both of them to have tummy troubles and odd that they should both have it within a week or so of each other.

Last edited:
Oh, I hope she feels better soon. Could it be the change in the weather that's upset them?
Hope she's feeling full of beans by the morning.

Thank you. Yeah it could be that the wind has scared her, or maybe just the change of seasons has unsettled them both. We've been having some work done on the house so maybe the noises of that has bothered them. I dont know. Hopefully she will be home soon. Fingers crossed.

Hope Star is ok and better safe than sorry.
Must be something in the air as all of mine have been quiet today but still eating ok so am keeping an eye on them. :shock: They do like to worry us don't they.

Yes they sure do. Hope all yours will be ok, I guess the wind is startling today.

Just heard from my OH, they are keeping Star in overnight for syringe feeding. They have given metacam and metaclop. so hopefully she will be feeling better in the morning. She has Twinkle with her for company and comfort.

Back