• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There is a 5 year boy with a cataract. Someone already interested.

ive no idea what the controversy is . but its not the buns fault ...

poor soul - with a ctaract he will be low down in the rehoming:(

Only you can know when it's the right time to adopt a new bunny...you need to allow yourself time to grieve though. Your heart will tell you when it's really time, and when it does you'll have no doubts.

Thinking of you xx

Only you can know when it's the right time to adopt a new bunny...you need to allow yourself time to grieve though. Your heart will tell you when it's really time, and when it does you'll have no doubts.

Thinking of you xx

Thanks its never really the right time when your bun and yourself is grieving. When I have lost a bun, its always been about a week when I get them a new companion. I think more than any other bun, Cutie-pie really needs a new friend.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

?????

did you mean 'banned' - as in the rescue is banned?

still not the buns fault - in fact maybe that means poor thing needs a home even more?

Oh no not at all. :oops:

I was thinking, it doesn't matter so long as there are no ongoing medical problems.

Last edited:
Oh no not at all. :oops: Its only they have show buns.

I was thinking, it doesn't matter so long as there are no ongoing medical problems.

no - though a cataract maybe EC related - it may be something totally different (eye damage in the past or ageing cataract).

Have you a photo?????

(so what was the 'bagged' bit about???? if it was not baned?)

no - though a cataract maybe EC related - it may be something totally different (eye damage in the past or ageing cataract).

Have you a photo?????

(so what was the 'bagged' bit about???? if it was not baned?)

Sorry I may say bagged in the wrong context, as in bagged out. Critisized.

Will get a pic now. Back in 10.

My most recent BARC bun, Bumble, has cataracts in both eyes. He will eventually go blind. I have been advised that he may be more difficult to bond, but apart from that, I haven't had any problems with him. He gets around just fine - but is lonely and will be happier with a wife.

I say go for it. I think special needs buns are extra rewarding to rehome. Bumble was born with cataracts and they aren't EC related.

My most recent BARC bun, Bumble, has cataracts in both eyes. He will eventually go blind. I have been advised that he may be more difficult to bond, but apart from that, I haven't had any problems with him. He gets around just fine - but is lonely and will be happier with a wife.

I say go for it. I think special needs buns are extra rewarding to rehome. Bumble was born with cataracts and they aren't EC related.

I am not even sure what EC is, even though I read about it, all I have understood, is that it is something to do with the brain and fits.

It will all come down to whether James approves and not worried about any new potential vet bills. But who would have ever known about my lovely Old Man.

I will phone tomorrow and find out his history. He is a tiny little mini lop. He is very very friendly. :love:

I am not even sure what EC is, even though I read about it, all I have understood, is that it is something to do with the brain and fits.

It will all come down to whether James approves and not worried about any new potential vet bills. But who would have ever known about my lovely Old Man.

I will phone tomorrow and find out his history. He is a tiny little mini lop. He is very very friendly. :love:

Ec is caused by a parasite that burrows into cells causing them to inflame and rupture. Usually in the brain and kidneys. The damage to the brain can cause incontinence, hind leg weakness, seizures, head tilt, weight loss and so on. Some rabbits make a good recovery, others continue to deteriorate. The EC spores are shed in urine so there can be a risk to other bunnies and good hygiene is needed. Bit of a basic description but it will do!

Ec is caused by a parasite that burrows into cells causing them to inflame and rupture. Usually in the brain and kidneys. The damage to the brain can cause incontinence, hind leg weakness, seizures, head tilt, weight loss and so on. Some rabbits make a good recovery, others continue to deteriorate. The EC spores are shed in urine so there can be a risk to other bunnies and good hygiene is needed. Bit of a basic description but it will do!

All absolutely correct - but perhaps one should add that it is suspected that 60% or more of all domestic buns have/have ha/carry EC and most eiether never show signs or show a sign at some stage of life (usually during a stress period) and the recover totally.

I suspect all my buns have EC as I have had 3 definite cases in the past - and none of the others have ever shown any signs.

On the other hand this cha might just have a 'normal' cataract.

Back