• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Tried Supreme Urinary Tract Formula?

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
We've just ordered some of these pellets from Vet UK to try Muesli on them, on the advice of Richard Saunders. The pellets have arrived but they look really odd! We normally feed Allen & Page which are tiny little pellets, I know the Supreme ones are a bit bigger but these are mahoosive! They're about 3 inches in length!

They are quite pricey too - £4.90 for a kg pack and it says to feed 70g a day, which is more than I would normally feed. Could be quite costly. Still its worth a try.

Anyone noticed an improvement in any way with their buns from using these?

They are VERY new. The reason they are as they are is due to the exceptionally high fibre content to try and help the gut as much as possible.

I've not used them with bunnies, but know several people who have chewed on them. :lol:

They are VERY new. The reason they are as they are is due to the exceptionally high fibre content to try and help the gut as much as possible.I've not used them with bunnies, but know several people who have chewed on them. :lol:

:lol::lol: They do look oddly appetising - like a kind of twiglet meets chipstick!

I hope they will help Muesli then, he does get the odd excess cecal and a bit of slimy poo so fingers crossed, even on added Profibre pellets. Hope they will be good for his teeth as well.

The only thing I am a bit dubious about is on the side of the box it says "increases water consumption" which is not necessarily what we want, since he already drinks and wees so much. Still worth a try to see if it improves things for him.

I have some of the Digestive formula... Isabelle started to choke on one of the pellets so now I break them up into about 6 pieces so they are shorter and she has been fine with them. I had 2 bunnies on them as they would not eat their caecotropes and had dodgy digestion, now neither of them need it as it seems to have sorted them out but I mix a few pellets in with their normal food (broken up!!)

I bought the urinary tract pellets because my bunny Smudge has sludgy bladder issues. I wasn't convinced they improved things for him though and they are expensive so he is back on a mixture of standard SS and excel cranberry. I do wish I could get him to drink more water though...

:lol::lol: They do look oddly appetising - like a kind of twiglet meets chipstick!

I hope they will help Muesli then, he does get the odd excess cecal and a bit of slimy poo so fingers crossed, even on added Profibre pellets. Hope they will be good for his teeth as well.

The only thing I am a bit dubious about is on the side of the box it says "increases water consumption" which is not necessarily what we want, since he already drinks and wees so much. Still worth a try to see if it improves things for him.

The increases water consumption issue is interesting, though other foods *may* be more effective.

Artie has longstanding problems with bladder sludge and has recently had a kidney removed because of kidney stones. FHB had told me not to give him any pellets now, not even low calcium ones as she believes that green food and hay is the way forward as all pellets are massively high in calcium compared to veg.

I must look at the urinary tract formulas SS though, just out of interest. FHB said that even Bunny Basics-T was too high in calcium for Artie, he refuses to eat it anyway.

Back