• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Views on this pen please?

It's up to you really, how much space do you think he needs? As he looks like a belgium hare, he will need a lot of room I think. I think the pen's ok but if you can go any bigger, go bigger. :D xx

Pierres main home is the pen, except I have a lot more panels. It depends on how much room you want to give him. They can and will still shake the pen. I have 4ft high panels and Pierre can still jump them, but I hate having a sheet on top as I can't watch him and see him properly so you may not like the sheet on top.

Is it going outside or inside?

Hi Liz, this pen is ok but you can't change the shape of it because of how it joins together i.e. you can't make it oblong or square.

After buying one of these I got another metal pen but this one had 3ft high panels (not 2ft) and they were pre-joined (rather than joined with metal stakes). It folds up neatly when not in use, it can be any shape you like and it was actually less expensive! I'll try and find one the same and post here!

Hi Liz, this pen is ok but you can't change the shape of it because of how it joins together i.e. you can't make it oblong or square.

After buying one of these I got another metal pen but this one had 3ft high panels (not 2ft) and they were pre-joined (rather than joined with metal stakes). It folds up neatly when not in use, it can be any shape you like and it was actually less expensive! I'll try and find one the same and post here!

I should have explained this. What Fluffers has said above is how my pen is. Except where it joins it isn't pre-joined or staked. They are metal poles that go through little holes to link it together. Very easy to take apart.

I bought mine from ebay for £50.00 so a lot more expensive. I saw one very similar to mine in the range for £30.00

I should have explained this. What Fluffers has said above is how my pen is. Except where it joins it isn't pre-joined or staked. They are metal poles that go through little holes to link it together. Very easy to take apart.

I bought mine from ebay for £50.00 so a lot more expensive. I saw one very similar to mine in the range for £30.00

Yup that's the one I have too :wave: It's a great pen and the panels are handy because you can use them individually if you want to i.e. to put in front of something. However, for me the second one I bought is better because I can make it any shape I like, even L shaped. The foster buns have it attached to their set up atm and use it as an extension when I'm in the garden :D

I have one similar to this but I think mine is bigger. Well actually I have two. What Fluffers says is true but you can sometimes connect the panels together with cable ties if you aren't making it too big. I connect both of the sets of panels together in the garden to make a huge temporary run. I end up putting it together at right angles and then stretching it out as far as I can and it does work but bends the stakes a bit.

Thankyou everyone :) Yes he will be indoors so no danger from anything upstairs. I will have another look around, he will hardly be in the pen but I do want it to be large for him as I don't suppose bunnies sleep all night, I want him to still be able to move around fine.

I have a dog cage with the pen you showed attached

if you are just having the pen two of the pens together will be better as you can buy two and connect them.

instead of the net buy some cheap mesh type wire from wilkos or a garden centre to put on top as they will be able to jump out and the net is rubbish

my buns are just for tonight until I can fetch the other pen tomorrow, were moving so the dog cage has gone to where were moving...

at the moment they are in that pen you showed just one on its own its not big enough and I am not happy doing this >_<

here is them in the one pen

IMG01237-20110912-2349.jpg

IMG01238-20110912-2349.jpg

here is what they are usually in

IMG01160-20110724-1802.jpg

Back