• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At wits end

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
What a shame for you and Thumper, they vets have no right to treat you this way :( I had a girl with terminal gut failure and she did massive poos usually about an inch long. She was a tiny wee rabbit, runt of her litter but a real fighter. My vet was fantastic throughout her life, he listened to me and was polite if and when I needed correcting. Between us we formulated a special diet of metaclop once a week, a daily probiotic and metacam as and when needed. She went from being hunched up and in pain several times a week to just suffering once a week and it was always in the evening too. Because we worked together we managed to improve the quality of her life and reduce her suffering. Your vet should really work with you too. I would personally make a complaint in writing and look into changing practices or at least ask for a second opinion at a different practice.

Back