• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some vibes for my little Pie U/D post 118 she's home! Thankyou everyone!

Pie

Warren Veteran
Sorry to ask, as I am sure it'll be fine... It's just Pie is going in for her VHD in about an hour (OH is taking her) and she hasn't had it in almost 2 years due to not being able to get anything but Cylap and she stops eating at the drop of a hat anyway, and with her digestive tract issues already... I am just so nervous. :( She is having the Lapinject which (to my astonishment) had no ill effects on Oberon 2 weeks ago so i am hoping the same for Pie.
Last time she had Cylap she stopped eating and was put on a drip and vets and I agreed never to give it to her again because she has such a bad reaction to pain... I have almost lost her so many times and couldn't bare the thought of loosing her when I though I was doign the right thing. If she has another bout of stasis I honestly don't think she will have the physical or mental strength to carry her through...

Oh god, I'm waffling. I'm sorry. Can you tell I'm nervous!!??

Last edited:
Loads of vibes.

Lapinject doesn't seem to affect anybun in comparison to the evil cylap vaccination.

I'm sure she'll be fine Pei!

To be totally honest if it wasnt that my bunnies go into boarding every year and need a full vaccs record I wouldnt vaccinate Snowdrop against VHD. She goes into stasis straight after having it and it is a nightmare to get her eating again.

The risks of VHD are also very very slim.

To be totally honest if it wasnt that my bunnies go into boarding every year and need a full vaccs record I wouldnt vaccinate Snowdrop against VHD. She goes into stasis straight after having it and it is a nightmare to get her eating again.

The risks of VHD are also very very slim.

Yes this is another reason I could see more negatives for her having it that not. Oberon and pie are also house buns but they need it be vaccinated because of insurance (although I rang up and explain her conditoin and what it does to her and it was agreed she would still be covered without it)...

And I know Lapinject is far better than that horrible Cylap but it still doesn't stop the worry. :(

Back