• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I ccan't cope with this many bunnies- I need my fosters in homes :(

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
But I don't have a choice. There is no where else other than mine for them to be right now.

I don't begrudge them being here, I love spending time with them. I love knowing I saved their life and had they not come, they would all be dead.

But that was in November and we just can't rehome them. This is not anyones fault, or a 'dig' at any potential places they may go, but with two, but one definite unadoptable, it's a nightmare.

Plus, add to that that overnight it looks like Butterfly and Little have pretty fully divorced and I have no idea why. I don't have the strength to do another bond, to deal with having to accommodation them both, to have to do yet another set of litter trays, to... whatever else.

I just can't do it anymore. I need it to stop.

awwwww ((((((((hugs)))))))) i think all the rescues and fosterers do a brilliant job and they must all feel the way you are every so often .....im sorry i cant say anything else to support you and i wish i could help :cry:

(((((Hugs))))) I am going through much of the same. I have no room. Very few bunnies are moving. I am getting calls every day to take in more rabbits, and just cant. I worry where they are going to end up, because all the rabbit rescues round here are full.
I keep on believing that there is hope for the future. that tomorrow will bring along the perfect home and that some will move.

Do all of them have Health or Behavioural issues ?

Could the RSPCA Branch you Volunteer with not help you out as you are not well atm ?

Do all of them have Health or Behavioural issues ?

Could the RSPCA Branch you Volunteer with not help you out as you are not well atm ?

One is an unadoptable pair-both dental, one reoccuring, the other looks to be sorted now he has grown. The dental one stops eating when moved outside (and therefore needs a dental). At the Centre he would be PTS. He and his friend were supposed to be moving outside together this weekend- we've done a brilliant transition and they were doing better out there, but now they are fighting for reasons unknown, so neither can go outside, but I don't have the space inside. The other, very healthy and normal one is very much an inside rabbit, living in our living room and he wouldn't cope by himself at the Centre. I took all three out because they weren't thriving at the Centre. I can't put them back there.

Originally, I took on a trio, and it was supposed to be for a couple of months because they were so ill they were going to Liz, but then they all divorced and mostly got healthy. Three vulnerable singles is SO different from three single healthy bunnies.

I don't have anywhere to house them all inside as singles again. It was horrible before and now I'm supposed to do it again. I CAN'T!

Plus, the Centre won't give a **** if I'm ill, it's still a case fo dragging out of me all they want from me, doesn't matter I can't walk in a straihgt line anymore or think straight, or just need to lie down all the time, they want as much as they can get from me. I have to stand up for myself, but before standing up for myself, I have to stand up for my bunnies.

And now I'm crying, which is so stupid.

i know you have probably tried this but is there anyone who can foster for you arent there any people that have had homechecks done and might foster for a little while till you get back on your feet

One is an unadoptable pair-both dental, one reoccuring, the other looks to be sorted now he has grown. The dental one stops eating when moved outside (and therefore needs a dental). At the Centre he would be PTS. He and his friend were supposed to be moving outside together this weekend- we've done a brilliant transition and they were doing better out there, but now they are fighting for reasons unknown, so neither can go outside, but I don't have the space inside. The other, very healthy and normal one is very much an inside rabbit, living in our living room and he wouldn't cope by himself at the Centre. I took all three out because they weren't thriving at the Centre. I can't put them back there.

Originally, I took on a trio, and it was supposed to be for a couple of months because they were so ill they were going to Liz, but then they all divorced and mostly got healthy. Three vulnerable singles is SO different from three single healthy bunnies.

I don't have anywhere to house them all inside as singles again. It was horrible before and now I'm supposed to do it again. I CAN'T!

Plus, the Centre won't give a **** if I'm ill, it's still a case fo dragging out of me all they want from me, doesn't matter I can't walk in a straihgt line anymore or think straight, or just need to lie down all the time, they want as much as they can get from me. I have to stand up for myself, but before standing up for myself, I have to stand up for my bunnies.

And now I'm crying, which is so stupid.

I'll try and have a think as to how we could help. I have to go and start the cleaning now and my brain is on go slow, but I promise to be trying to think of some viable options that will be do-able for you.

Maybe do an update of the buns you have??

I know they are usually on Rabbits In Needs but some times people dont always check back far - specially new RU users

But you guys all do a great job with fostering!

So sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed with this. I wish I had more space cos you know I would take them. If I can help in any other way please let me know even if it's just to come over and empty a litter tray.
Sending lots of hugs. xx

Awww:( wish I could help :( I'm at work now so can't say much, but sending hugs xx I hope you can find a way through this x

Thanks MPHF, I know you would.

I'll offer you a trade ;) I'll bond Harley and Fleur for you, with one of these, into a trio, and send them all your way :D :lol:

Seriously, I know you would help if you could, thank you.

Fosterwise for others, there are no other people around (other than MPHF) that I would call, who could potentially help, that I would trust with vulnerable rabbits.

The other risk with the Centre is that something has been going on there and I don't want to risk subjecting these guys to that unnecessarily- whatever it might be.

Can update them, for sure, but when bunnies aren't rehoming, who wants complicated rabbits. :(

Maybe do an update of the buns you have??

I know they are usually on Rabbits In Needs but some times people dont always check back far - specially new RU users

But you guys all do a great job with fostering!

That's a very good idea.

How many fosters have you got at the moment?

Three, although these are now all singles. I want them to have homes because they are loved and wanted, not because someone has taken them because I'm stupid and struggling.

Butterfly and Little were here, from when they were bonded.

Walnut/AKA Hay Monster

I'm just very tired and desperate this morning. I'm sure everything will be fine. It always has been before.

Is it mainly the 3 vulnerable singles that have tipped the balance so-to-speak

Surely we can sort out three temporary indoor places amongst us.

I have absolutely no room myself and my body is disintegrating daily so I am of no use. Probably being measured up for a feeding tube today :thumb: :roll:

But if we put up an appeal for Fosterers I feel sure that there will be some capable RUers who might be able to have one indoor Foster Bun to help a valued Forum Member in need.

Three, although these are now all singles. I want them to have homes because they are loved and wanted, not because someone has taken them because I'm stupid and struggling.

Butterfly and Little were here, from when they were bonded.

Walnut/AKA Hay Monster

I'm just very tired and desperate this morning. I'm sure everything will be fine. It always has been before.

You're definately not stupid to be struggling. When I'm having a "bad" episode, I find it hard to get motivated to clean out 1 littertray and feed 1 rabbit let alone anymore.

Hope you feel better very soon xxx

i hope someone comes forward to help you hun....im sorry im too far away otherwise i would gladly help...even if it was just coming and cleaning out for you....:love::love::love:

AND you are not stupid....you are one of the most bunny savvy people on here and a great help to many members :love::love::love:

You guys are awesome. Thank you.

It IS the fosters causing me the trouble, but, I don't think it's the rabbits, I think because Butterfly and Little have done whatever it was they have done I just don't have any coping resources so disintegrated into the little pile of crying mess I told Gray I was on the verge of last night. :lol::roll:

This IS sortable and I have to find a way to cope; it's not their fault, so they shouldn't suffer. I'm just not sure where to start with it right now.

I don't think the RSPCA will let them go to anyone other than people I have met and home checked. We did an awesome home check yesterday and they want an indoor bunny, so that's one to hope for- for Hay Monster. With Hay monster gone, things would be much more manageable. Not ideal, but more manageable.

You guys are awesome. Thank you.

It IS the fosters causing me the trouble, but, I don't think it's the rabbits, I think because Butterfly and Little have done whatever it was they have done I just don't have any coping resources so disintegrated into the little pile of crying mess I told Gray I was on the verge of last night. :lol::roll:

This IS sortable and I have to find a way to cope; it's not their fault, so they shouldn't suffer. I'm just not sure where to start with it right now.

I don't think the RSPCA will let them go to anyone other than people I have met and home checked. We did an awesome home check yesterday and they want an indoor bunny, so that's one to hope for- for Hay Monster. With Hay monster gone, things would be much more manageable. Not ideal, but more manageable.

That's the spirit :D

And, once they have their new homes, learn to say no, your health is the most importans issue here, stress is no good for you :D:wave:

That's the spirit :D

And, once they have their new homes, learn to say no, your health is the most importans issue here, stress is no good for you :D:wave:

I was never expecting to get this ill, and, to be fair to my mum, she has been awesome and helping me do so much that I can't do right now.

You are right though, I didn't want these ones, but I couldn't just leave them to die. None of mine have suffered, and neither have I until now, but that's mainly because of just hw physically ill I am. If I was 'normal' for me then it would be an annoyance they divorced, but manageable, and not the end of the world.

I was never expecting to get this ill, and, to be fair to my mum, she has been awesome and helping me do so much that I can't do right now.

You are right though, I didn't want these ones, but I couldn't just leave them to die. None of mine have suffered, and neither have I until now, but that's mainly because of just hw physically ill I am. If I was 'normal' for me then it would be an annoyance they divorced, but manageable, and not the end of the world.

Unforseen things happen, unfortunately both your feeling unwell and the rabbits divorce.

Take each day as it comes and just do the best you can xxx

Back