• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anyone please help :(

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Apologies for spelling etc, I'm on my phone! :)

Poppy is digging constantly.. its keeping my bf up when he has work and he's a light sleeper. I felt awful earlier because I thought selfishly that she would have a better home with someone else :( I wouldn't do it, but apart from bringing her home where she.wouldnt get as much attention there isn't anywhere else she can go. Not back outsde because when she has her teeth done she stops eating and catching her 4/5 times a day from outside is hard work with poppy. And indoors can keep an eye on her, yes she pees everywhere not just in her litter tray, same with poops, but its easier.

It's driving us mental with the digging, she has a massive room, outside time and everything. She isn't spayed but our vet said to wait until her teeth are as good as they be and do the next dental at the sane time. Perhaps she's in season :? I bought her those tiny rabbit teddies from Asda so she has babies to look after lol but she hasnt had then get :?

Please help :( just want to understand :?

There's not very much help anyone can give you unfortunately, rabbits dig, it can't be prevented.

Can you put some carpet down so that bun only digs a carpet quietly?

There's not very much help anyone can give you unfortunately, rabbits dig, it can't be prevented.

Can you put some carpet down so that bun only digs a carpet quietly?

She has towels, blankets, carpet but its still so noisy. She's just started all of a sudden, and got pretty naughty at night generally lol.

neutering will really help with this -

she is frustrated and hormonal at present

it should also help with litter training

Rabbits do dig unfortunately and she's probably bored, being on her own, and hormonal.:( I'm sure she'll calm down once she's spayed and paired up with a neutered male. In the mean time, can you move her to a different room, away from the bedroom?

ps rabbits dont have seasons in the way you mean. personally i would have the spay and the teeth done at different times - both are painful and its difficult enough to get a bun to eat afetr spaying without also having teeth which have just been fidgeted with

She really does need spayed, this will likely stop this behaviour completely.

Does she have a specific digging box, with soil? That might be quieter than anything else.

Does she have to live in your bedroom?

Neutering and pairing never worked on our girl I am afraid to say :? Better to try and find a way for her to dig without disturbing if you can in case she doesn't stop.

how big is the area she is in when she digs? My (neutered) girly digs at night when she is kept in her pen, she needs more space, even though she has around 20sqft at night.

oh and a sheepskin rug worked well at dampening the noise.

Neutering and pairing never worked on our girl I am afraid to say :? Better to try and find a way for her to dig without disturbing if you can in case she doesn't stop.

It's not a given but as I understand it does are driven to dig burrows for kits so it's likely to help but maybe not eliminate it completely.

I'm not sure there is anything that can do tonight. Earplugs maybe? :oops:

Good luck getting a bun to stop digging. Go find my threads on 'biscuit litter tray issues' ;)

Is she locked in anywhere at nighttime, eg, locked in a cage etc?

One of mine is a digger, she doesn't do it as much now though thankfully, only if she's confined or feels confined. Does she have an indoor cage? Is that where she's doing it?

Back