• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i have named him cookie

meandmedog

Alpha Buck
i have posted already about Beth my nethy x dutch having 7 babies. there are two potential fathers after a friend left them all out together mistakenly. :censored::evil:

there are three remaining. one has been nicknamed 'pilsbury' because he is literally the dough boy.

the other is nearly as big and then......

there is cookie, a tiny grey dutch who is about half the size of the others. i have shed tears over this boy (he may turn out to be a girl) and spend most of my day thinking about him... why cookie? cos hes tough, hes hanging on in there and hes a tough little cookie.

im not religious but i do believe in fate and vibes and have sent plenty his way.

my OH and friends have been great, because having taken some advice, we try to get him extras from mom at least once a day. thats a two man team so friends and bf have helped out to allow him to suckle even for a few moments. its one of the most emotional and moving things i have seen (and 16 years as a cop ive seen quite a bit).

nature and life is so precious isnt it? the natural instincts of that boy to suckle just blows me away especially when you can hear him sucking away...

fingers crossed from me cookie (and if you do make it, you dont need to worry, you're going nowhere!) and im sure lots of other reading this will send good vibes too x

:shock: he's so tiny! I could never let him go if he was mine! I'm not surprised you want to keep him! You get so close to the ones you've had to give extra care to too :love: :love: more good vibes for Cookie.. :D

yup he stole my heart

i didnt realise that wabbits could concieve from two different daddies.

clearly dough boys is the continental and beth is very lucky to have come this unscathed.

i would suggest the dutch (and all the others that died were all dutch) are spots and he is daddys speshial ickle boy (He flicks pee at me and bites me!!) so cookie is going nowhere. x x

he was born on sunday. we found three dead the next day which we didnt know were there. he's the only surviving dutch. just had mommy out on my grooming table and managed to do get the feeding done all on my own... i feel very proud of myself and Beth.

she sat still and when he latches on, she half closes her eyes, its sooooo sweet.

so he has had a bit more breakfast this morning to fill his little tummy. i make my other half go out about 6am to check on him so that i know what to expect. then its feed time a bit later on (hes early today but i thought he looked thin) for some extras so that pilsbury doesnt have it all. he does a great job and really has nipple radar! how do they do that??? :lol:

i think i will feel a bit better by this time next week if he is still with us as i would guess he will stand a better chance by then.

its very emotional

Back