• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best grooming brush?

pepperpot

Warren Scout
My bun is really starting to moult and I wondered if anyone could recommend a good gentle brush to help get rid of the loose fur please :wave:

If your bun has a nice thick coat then I thoroughly reccomend the furminator or a similar shedding brush :)

A comb works well for short haired, comb or furminator for long haired. To be honest though with my short haired bunnies I just pluck the loose tufts out.

totally agree

If your bun has a nice thick coat then I thoroughly reccomend the furminator or a similar shedding brush :)

they come in all sizes and are brilliant for long coats. one word of warning tho honey, dont over brush, you can give them a rash/graze or even pull clumps of hair out. little and often is better.

I hand-pluck what I can, and then use a slicker brush. With a craftily placed carrot as a distraction to keep bun in one place for the whole process ;)

they come in all sizes and are brilliant for long coats. one word of warning tho honey, dont over brush, you can give them a rash/graze or even pull clumps of hair out. little and often is better.

Yeah, I had a cheap version of it which I thought was pretty good, then I tried the real furminator and the ammount that came off was pretty scary :oops:

I tend to just pluck the fur, non-shedding brushes don't really do anything for my moulting buns.

Thanks for the advice....I think I'll just keep taking the obvious clumps out by hand........I don't want to risk hurting the bun :)

Back