PDA

View Full Version : Best grooming brush?

pepperpot
25-08-2011, 08:14 PM
My bun is really starting to moult and I wondered if anyone could recommend a good gentle brush to help get rid of the loose fur please :wave:

DemiS
25-08-2011, 08:20 PM
If your bun has a nice thick coat then I thoroughly reccomend the furminator or a similar shedding brush :)

Elena
25-08-2011, 10:36 PM
A comb works well for short haired, comb or furminator for long haired. To be honest though with my short haired bunnies I just pluck the loose tufts out.

meandmedog
25-08-2011, 10:44 PM
If your bun has a nice thick coat then I thoroughly reccomend the furminator or a similar shedding brush :)

they come in all sizes and are brilliant for long coats. one word of warning tho honey, dont over brush, you can give them a rash/graze or even pull clumps of hair out. little and often is better.

tigerangel
25-08-2011, 10:56 PM
I hand-pluck what I can, and then use a slicker brush. With a craftily placed carrot as a distraction to keep bun in one place for the whole process ;)

DemiS
25-08-2011, 11:05 PM
they come in all sizes and are brilliant for long coats. one word of warning tho honey, dont over brush, you can give them a rash/graze or even pull clumps of hair out. little and often is better.

Yeah, I had a cheap version of it which I thought was pretty good, then I tried the real furminator and the ammount that came off was pretty scary :oops:

I tend to just pluck the fur, non-shedding brushes don't really do anything for my moulting buns.

pepperpot
26-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the advice....I think I'll just keep taking the obvious clumps out by hand........I don't want to risk hurting the bun :)

LoopyLouie
26-08-2011, 09:47 AM
I have one of those wire shedding brushes and it's great :)