• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg im trying to stay calm U/D Rich's drawing of it

Went to clean out Shauny and SophieAnnie. Shauny was in the top deck of their dog crate, so i sat down to give him some smooths.....and then noticed a little white thing about 1mm running over the lino:shock:. I squashed it, and then noticed a few more:shock:.

I am in panic mode now, i hoover all cages, rooms ect at least once a day...does anyone have any idea what on earth they are?.

Last edited:
I have no idea! Worms? I hope someone more knowledgeable can come along and answer soon. x

Hiya guys me and Rich have just had a huge hoover/clear up. I told him to 'keep one', but he didnt. He is going to empty the black bag that we emptied the hoover into and see if he can stick one to a piece of black tape.

Its def not a silver fish. Im totally panicked now about maggot or fly larvae..off to google images:cry:. Rich says its not that because they had legs?.

We have one, god its fast, it looks like a mite?. It about 2mm long, looks like its made up of 2 bits, its rear end is fatter than the rest of it, and it looks like it has antenna's (sp). Its so small there is no way we could take a photo. Rich is drawing a large picture of it.

We are going to do bunny bum checks:cry:.

Bunny bum checks done and clear, thankgod, im actually crying with relief (we dont do them as often as we should, that will now change).

Loopylou2087, they could be the 2nd picture, but i cant be sure, cause its magnified. Will get Rich to put his drawing of it on here.

Amy&Amber, Rich thinks it mites too (im going to google them now). Shauny has dandruff on his ears, he has had this for about 2years (we have had every test under the sun done). But it looks like it has got worse (back to the vets tomorrow).

If a bun had mites could they travel and multiply and live in wood ect...sorry just to add SophieAnnie has no dandruff or anything like that and she has been his partner for a good few years now.

Im really upset, Rich has just found another one on our window, i cant believe it i dont seem to ever stop cleaning:cry:

Don't panic! and it's not about cleaning, you can't clean everything away, these things happen :) Just stay calm.. they're not rabbit lice, they're not white, just something invading the house, Lice can't live on anything but specific hosts usually, like headlice won't live on dogs etc.. it's likely not anything to do with the buns at all, just coincidence you found them there first .. hope you find out what they are soon, I know how horrible it is having bugs in the house, we get ant invasions every year :cry:

Edit: Could it maybe be something that's come from their hay or other food then spread round the room?

http://www.rentokil.co.uk/pest-guides/insects-and-spiders/insects-in-damp-conditions/springtail/
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ig124

Last edited:
Back